• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

staples? infection?

Raynebubble

hi ive had to start a course of antibiotics today as one of my wounds is a bit red and oozing slightly a yellow discharge... ive been given flimoxacillin... you know ive so spelt that wrong! just wondered if anybody else had to have antibiotics for the same reason?

hi love , i had 6weeks of antibiotics for an infection in a wound ,,4 different types and then dressed for 7weeks morning and night by a district nurse , so please take your pills and look after it , dont let it take a hold like mine did , good luck love xxxxxxx

hi love , i had 6weeks of antibiotics for an infection in a wound ,,4 different types and then dressed for 7weeks morning and night by a district nurse , so please take your pills and look after it , dont let it take a hold like mine did , good luck love xxxxxxx

Thankyou hun, i have a dressing on it which im changing everyday , and i have flumoxicillin 4 a day for 7 days which i started yesterday so hopefully it will be ok..... i had MRSA a few years ago after an op... and this doesnt look or feel anything like it... so im keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a minor infection and the antibiotics will clear it.. i will keep you updated.. the nurse at my doctors surgery is gonna take a swab tmro when i have my staples removed xx

thats great , my swab was just a very simple infection , but it went unnoticed and just took a hold , so thankfully youve caught yours , i didnt like to complain cos i thought it was just pain from the op,,,had it reopened to release the infection,,and the pain went straight way ,i guess the morale is ,if something hurts shout loud! haha xxxxxxxx, despite all that,how amazing is the op? cant believe how quick the weight starts to come off! ,and good luck with the rest of your journey xxxxx

i was like that when i had the mrsa a few years back... i had a lump at the hospital before i left and the nurse said oh thats just swelling from the hernia op id just had.... i went home and the next day i just knew it wasnt swelling... it was hard at this point... then the next day... omg hot and cold sweats... i went to a&e and they admitted me straight away, i was in surgery within 2 hours.... they tried to say that i had caught it out of the hospital... it took me two years for them to accept that i had told the nurse about the lump!!
anyway im happy you have had your infection sorted out...scary stuff.... im hoping after the staples are out then it will start to get better xx

Back