• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

starting my pre op diet tomorrow!

Just wonering if any of you lovely people have any ideas for food i can nom?

Im doing a low carb low cal diet for the next 10 days (well its really 12... cos im admited into hospital the day before my op, so i figure ill be nil by mouth from then on)

i had a wee look in the recipe section and i can't find loads...

i also cant remember if its 1000 cals a day or 1500 :S

any help?

.x.

ps. im starting to become more and more scared, i keep dreaming things go wrong with my op!!! :(

Last edited:
hi, im also on my pre-op diet im into my 4th day and am finding it pretty hard going! didnt you have a diet given to you by the hospital? lisa x

Hi Becky, Good luck for start of pre-op. I would have thought it would be 1,000 cals ( obviously I don't know though) as 1,500 seems too easy and pre-ops seem to be cruel cruel things.

Anyone with any imagination at all is going to have anxiety about the op. X

I just ate normal and cut out all the crap I was eating I ate stuff like egg and 1 toast for breakfast home made veg soup for lunch and meat/fish and veg for tea and low fat yogurts

they did give me a diet sheet, it just had one example day... bit rubbish.

ill just have to use my noggin.

thanks for help

and thanks a lot jenni :)

.x.

mine is 1000 a day ... and im on slimfast ...
im now day 8 or 7 .. and going insane im starving .. i have had to start having soups and salads .. cause i fainted on day 4 i was so ill.

so i could not keep up fluids only for 2 weeks x

awww brett that sucks hun!!!

im gld youve started having salads, i hope that helps! :)

.x.

Good luck with your pre op x I had to do 1,000 a day made up of mostly slim fast - for the protein and to get used to just liquids, plus 5 portions of fruit and veg.

Keep going Brett, you are doing really well.Only a week and you'll be there - seems like forever when you are eating b*gger all I know, but you are getting closer every hour.

hi everyone new here and if i can help at all i will. Im 4 weeks post op and did a low fat diet for about 4 weeks before i went over and my surgeon said my insides were that of a thin person as i had stuck so well to the low fat diet. What i did or should i say my hubby was when he went shopping he bought only food that was under 4grams of fat per 100gs and it worked well for me. Good luck on ur journey as it was the best decision i ever made

Hi. I am on day 4 of pre op diet but i was told i needed to stick to milk and yoghurt. Its a bit boring but at least i don't have to think about food at all and hopefully it will put me in the right frame of mind to stick to fluids for 2 weeks post op.

Hey Phatgirl.

I was just reading in this thread and I saw your goals, What a good idea, I like the Downgrading from Morbidly Obese to severely Obese and so on, How you feeling with the loss? does it make you feel younger? you must be so proud of yourself! Oh I can't wait for my op so I can start making goals like that come true with a little bit more umpf then without the op!

Well thanks for adding those goals, you've inspired me.

thanks guys!

.x.

Back