• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting Puree's next week all suggestions welcome!

MITZ

Hi All

I am after some advice.

I am 3 weeks post op and Walsall Manor say 4 weeks on fluids. However I am starving which has to be a sign I am getting better or still damn greedy!!

I am no where near hitting the Protein mark because I dont like milk, have become intolerant to skimmed milk and had no luck with soya or lactofree. Everything tastes and smells foul. I am living off herbal teas and squash at the mo.

So I want to spend the next week preparing somehow, buying things in, making small meals ready purreed and frozen that are simple to do etc. I am also thinking of starting early....

I do have a diet sheet, but its boring!!

All suggestions are welcome - breakfast, dinner and evening meal.

I have delayed contacting the dietician, because I am fed up with being told I just have to drink the protein drinks!!

Hope you can help

Regards

Hi Mitz - Looking through my `Return to slender` after weight loss surgery book that I recently book they recommend for the `soft` food stage:

Mashed banana with a little yogurt.
Very soft cooked scrambled egg.
finely minced or pureed chicken in gravy.
Pureed fish in a thin sauce.
Pureed tinned fish eg; tuna, salmon, pilchards etc; in a thin tomato sauce.
Soft and smooth low fat pate or spread.
Plain low-fat cottage cheese.
Pureed mashed potato and thin gravy.
Warmed mashed potato with grated low-fat cheese or low-fat cream cheese.
Pureed cauliflower cheese in a low-fat cheese sauce.
Low sugar sorbets.

There are quite a few others, too many to list, but I used to cook things like shepherds pie and puree it with added gravy and it was lush.
I used to also buy the weight watchers soups and blend them with a little low-fat grated cheese, and after being on liquids for so long it was lovely to experiment with `new` tastes again.

What the book impresses on people moving onto this stage is:
Remember to start slowly. And eat slowly. And as soon as you feel full stop eating, just one extra spoonful of food can send your system into overload, you certainly don`t want to bring it back up again, or feel so bloated and uncomfortable.

Remember your new stomach pouch is about the size of an egg cup.

I really hope this helps and you can try cooking a lot of meals and pureeing them.

The author of this book is Carol Bowen Ball and you can google it at bariatriccookery.com

Take care hun and enjoy this stage before you rush into the next one. x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Back