• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have been told to stop pre op and restart it next Tuesday :)

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Morning all well 2 months today i will be admitted to the Whittington for my bypass and need some special blood clotting injections 24 hrs b4 my surgery and it now really feels like reality :D:D:D:D

What i am dreading is starting the low carb pre op diet today and for 2 months and one day :eek::eek::eek::eek: yes i know its well over the norm, the reason for this is because i was meant to be having surgery in Jan, then it was Feb and now March 2nd but they say if a cancellation comes up i will have a good chance of getting it. My surgeon is very strict on patients dong the pre op for 4 weeks so am starting now and just in case a cancellation comes up at the end of jan or in Feb i can take it even just 24 hrs notice.
I so hope one does come up as am dreading this, i need to email the dietician as i am not a meat or fish eater so will see if i can substitute protein and salad at lunch time for a glass of ss milk instead and a piece of fruit instead otherwise not sure what will happen.

I am so determined to stick to this 100% but def need the ok that it is alright to swap lunch time food then i will be ok.
One good thing bout being on the pre op for 2 months am sure at my weight i will drop bout 3 stone lol :D:D:D:D:D
Anyway off to have my 4 tbs of cereal and a yog lol.
Ty for taking the time to stop and read my post, take care and have a good day, luv Roch xxxx

Good luck with it Roch.
How exciting.....keep posting and you'll get lots of encouragement I'm sure.
Enjoy your breakfast xx

Roch

You are a real trooper I've read a lot of your posts but not joined the threads very often as everything has been said by others. This time I can be first and you have my utmost admiration for the length of time you plan to stick to the diet. I really hope you get a cancellation as if anyone deserves a break - you do. Remember take it one day at a time and never look back only forwards to a much better future.

Lynda

Good luck sweetie, you can do this cos you know it is the next major milestone to a new you. Do make sure you get in the protein in one way or another, you will need to do this for some time so it is best to get into the good habits now.
All the best and a happy new year to you,
John xx

Woo hoo Roch! Bloody good luck to ya hun! Cant wait til your on the losers bench! xx

Good luck with it

Good luck with it. I think it is awful that you are expected to even do 4 weeks. I couldn't have coped with more than the 5 days I had to do.

Oooh this is exciting ! Good luck with your diet plans - focus on the end result and go for it !!

I also hope you get a cancellation - fingers crossed xx

Sending you extra special hugs and fairy dust to help you through this period in your weight loss journey - you can do it and once you are on the losers bench you will feel and look amazing xx

Hi Roch, I have to respect you for being so determined to stick to it for 2 months. I am starting the milk diet today for 10 days and think that is long enough. Good luck and with your strength I know you can do it xxx

Wooohoooooo it's a countdown to the new you!! Remember, you and me are going to be in beds, side-by-side!! No snoring and keeping me awake though eh!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my you go for it Roch sticking to it for 2 months should put you in a very good postion and am hoping for a cancellation for you hun:) Keep up the good work:))

Sharon xx

u have wanted this for so lng and i know 2 months may seem a long time and truthfully it is, but i know can do it, ur a strong women who has coped with a lot so u will do this no problem, very happy for uand i hope u get ur surgery sooner xx

Gosh did not expect so many posts thanks for all ur support. Well i will stick to this and not cheat even if its for 9 weeks (as 9 weeks till surgery)
Today have been starving i ate

Breaky
4 tbs special k
shape fuller yog

Lunch
3 crackers, with light cottage cheese and cucumber

Dinner
Small jacket spud with extra light soft cheese, 1tsp clover and some cucumber and spring oninon and shape fuller yog.

2 ltrs of nas

Weird food comboniations lol i know but am such a fussy eater, and have lived off carbs and more carbs for years so this wont be easy for me very rarely eat fish or meat so am going to call the team at the whittington tomorrow and chat to them as they were closed today.
I have eaten all they said but not the protein lol !!

So end of day 1 and am doing good am sure by the end of the week will be in the swing of things, i know i have not eaten all i was meant to which is sooo weird for someone who is so enormous like me lol.

Ty again to all of ya, am sure i will need lots of support 2 stay on this diet for 9 long weeks, so pls all keep everything crossed for me that i get a cancellation :D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Back