• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have been told to stop pre op and restart it next Tuesday :)

Good luck, This really is the first day of the new you, i know it isn't easy but the end result will be worth it.

Keeping everything crossed that you get a cancellation x

Ok day one simple as anything in fact i actually enjoyed being hungry for once and it kind of gave me a natural buzz if that makes sense lol.

I have a serious dilemma and really need some advice, the prob is at my last app with Kirsten my bariatric nurse she told me i cant do my pre op for a day longer than 8 weeks as my liver will go back to its normal big self after 8 weeks even though am on the liver shrinkage diet.
Up to last week i thought i was 8 weeks from Tuesday to my op but i was wrong its 2 months today but also its 9 weeks not 8 weeks today.

I thought well can an extra week really make a diff to my liver (my team are really strict on a small liver ) just in case i dont get a cancellation and should i just carry on and do it for 9 weeks and hope i get a cancellation, but at the same time if i dont get a cancellation and wait till March 2nd and they open me up and my liver is not shrunk then its no op for me.

Hardly slept all night thinking what to do, they have a manned phone today so shall i ring and tell them or just carry on.
The sensible part of me says call them today and inform them and see what she says then i wont start the pre op till next tuesday the 5th Jan which is exactly 8 weeks to surgery and then if a cancellation comes up in the last week of Jan i cant take it as would not of been on pre op for 4 weeks.

What would u do, am i just being stupid and the answer is right there in front of my face and i need to stop thinking bout cancellations and just concentrate on March 2nd and let my team know or do u think a week extra will really make a diff to my liver and i should just carry on in the hope of being ready for a cancellation !!

Thanks and take care luv Roch xxx

phone them hun put your mind at rest if nothing else.
i felt awful last night. a nurse from streamline site txt me something lovely and it helped me get at least some sleep. xxx

Hi Roch,
Why not just cut back and eat healthy for a week then start your strict pre-op next week?
I also think that maybe you should try to stop torturing yourself with the idea that you may get a cancellation as I bet not many people cancel their ops anyway...I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure.
But the best bet would be to give them a call today and take their advice.
Take care x

Hi Roch,
Why not just cut back and eat healthy for a week then start your strict pre-op next week?
I also think that maybe you should try to stop torturing yourself with the idea that you may get a cancellation as I bet not many people cancel their ops anyway...I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure.
But the best bet would be to give them a call today and take their advice.
Take care x

Hi Leanne have left a mess for the nurse as they are meant to be offering a telephone service today and tomorrow.
Great minds think alike lol was going to eat healthy for the next week unless i hear back from Kirsten today and she tells me different then start the pre op next tuesday as that will be exactly 8 weeks to op date.
Apparently there is a good chance i could get a cancellation hence them telling me to do the pre op for 8 weeks instead of the norm 4 so i am ready just in case, i dont think its usually the patient that cancels more that the hospital saying they are not healthy for surgery for what ever reason.

You are def right i have to stop torturing myself bout a cancellation as this is on my mind continually.
Thanks and take care xx

Hi Roch, just a quickie as I am at work! I personally think 9 weeks of the pre-op is too strict. The purpose of a pre-op Liver Shrinkage Diet is to shrink your liver by little or no fat and giving you all the nutrition you need. Some hospitals only advise 2 weeks of something like WW soups and low-fat yoghurts. Why not do a protein and veg diet rather than starving yourself. Make sure it is no fat as it is the fat that will make the liver too fatty. Eggs, tinned salmon/tuna, perhaps a fish pie with caulifower mashed as a topping. No cheese of course, and drink skimmed milk. If you deprive yourself too much you may fail too easily whereas if you follow the food diet for 4 weeks and then the Whit liver shrinkage for 4 weeks that will be good.

Hi all spoke to my bariatric nurse kirsten this morning and she verified that i should not be doing the pre op for no more than 8 weeks, so i should re start it next Tuesday. Was also told that if a cancellation comes up 4 weeks after i have been on pre op would get it as am top off the list and have ticked all the boxes and can take 24 hrs notice.

Kirsten also said that this time of the year they have more cancellations than other times of the year as more people are coming down with bad chest`s and colds and the flu, so am dosing myself up big time lol
So back to just eating healthy for the next week and then start the pre op next Tuesday which will be exactly 8 weeks to surgery.
Am not counting on a cancellation but hey if one comes up then def will take it lol.

Off to do a bit of housework and then some shopping, take care xx

hi i did the low fat/carb/sugar diet but like you i lived on carbs as i dont eat a lot of meat , i used to do the green days on SW. i had my fruit and yog for breakfast, made home made veg soup and had that for lunch and during rest of day if i needed anything

ss pressed wrong button. my dietittion okd that. for dinner i had salad and either 2 eggs or 20z of ham or cottage cheese. the 2 slices of bread that i was allowed( 1 at breakfast and 1 at lunch i had for supper with salad and i lost about 1st

Glad to hear you've got it sorted Roch.
You and I sound so alike, overthinking every little move!! Lol
I am waiting to hear about my date, surgeon guessed end of feb but haven't heard yet and am constantly toying with the idea of dieting, not dieting etc!! I am gonna do my pre-op diet for 6 weeks as I was told I could do i any period between 2 and 6 weeks.
I really really hope you get a cancellation but march is not far away! Best of luck xxx

Wah hey! Well in Roch - great news hun! Fingers crossed for a cancellation and a speedy recovery x

WOW, you are one determined lady! I hope that you get a cancellation. You must be so excited to finally be on the last hurdle xxx

All the best Roch. Next christmas there will a slimmer you, everything will have changed and your worries will be a thing of the past. I have my op exactly a month today. I will use that time to get fit for it and say goodbye to that old me.

Back