• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still having regrets but having my first fill on Tuesay

mum21baba

Hi all, I hope that your all well an enjoying this gorgeous weather we are having. I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago about I having regrets about what type of op I had done. I wanted the sleeve but my family were dead against it an insisted that if I was going to have any surgery I was to have the band. I still regret the choice that I have made and have lost no weight at all since the surgery. I have no restriction whatsoever!
Well, now I have decided to try an keep positive and to work with what I have got an the good news is that I have my first fill on Tuesday. I am also really pleased that all fills are performed under x-ray so they fill you up straight away so you have good restriction. Fingers crossed :)

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hi all, I hope that your all well an enjoying this gorgeous weather we are having. I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago about I having regrets about what type of op I had done. I wanted the sleeve but my family were dead against it an insisted that if I was going to have any surgery I was to have the band. I still regret the choice that I have made and have lost no weight at all since the surgery. I have no restriction whatsoever!
Well, now I have decided to try an keep positive and to work with what I have got an the good news is that I have my first fill on Tuesday. I am also really pleased that all fills are performed under x-ray so they fill you up straight away so you have good restriction. Fingers crossed :)
i can totally see where you're coming from. You should have had what you wanted, i would be resentful. But, its done now and you have to make the most of what you have. I think that once you have a fill and get restriction, you will do great. There are so many banders on here that have lost an amazing amout of weight, and im sure you will join them, good luck honey :) xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Oh dear, lifes too short for regrets so good for you for trying to keep positive.

You can lose weight and lots of it with a band, if you are prepared to work with it. Eat healthy low fat band friendly foods, increase your exercise and dont push the boundaries. If you rely on restriction only to lose weight you may be dissapointed.

Im sure you have heard this before but any WLS is a tool - work with your band and you will succeed xx

Nini76

I am due to have a bypass on 02/04 and I have had to argue with my family about me surgery. My boyfriend doesn't want me to have surgery nor does my daughter. I have not let them sway me as I need to do what's best for me and not them. I feel for you about the pressure you have felt and hope that you can come to terms with your choice and use it effectively, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

flutterby1966

As Mazza said you have been given a fantastic tool to work with...so try not to have regrets. Think of what you have got, rather than what you haven't. The band fills do help, but they definitely are not the only thing that will make the band work for you - as even if you had full restriction you could still make the wrong food choices. I am not perfect, I dont always make the best food choices, but I plan my meals ahead 95% of the time and build any less than perfect foods into my overall day/week. Personally, I rely on calorie counting and looking at the size of my portions, rather than relying on the band to tell me when I am full. But the great bit about the band is the back-up it provides then to help make me feel fuller for longer. Its a learning journey, hope you enjoy it and are successful. No regrets now! x :)

MrsPill

I have to say I agree with your family! A band is brilliant...just a teeny bit slower...but its a well worthwhile journey and we're all here to help you xx