• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling to find food I like

Stevie D

I have a problem with the types of food I like. I absolutely hate any veg and salad's. I do like certain fruits but not many. I'm not a big fan of red meat however chicken and fish I do enjoy. I was hoping to go on the milk diet for the LSD but because I am diabetic I have to endure the food based diet hence the problem I will be facing.
It looks like I've got to weigh everything I eat, measure how much milk I put in drinks and breakfast cereal, the same with water based drinks and cup-a-soups etc.. l think I will be spending more time preparing every so called meal than eating it. Also I think I will be eating more than I normally do so I hope I don't gain weight during the LSD period.
The hospital have given me a diet sheet with a number of suggestions for meals none of which l really like. 2 eggs is the best option because I can scramble them. I wish I could get some dietary advice from the hospital. They seem to think that we are all eating machines and will eat anything. Not once have they gone through what I eat and how I gained the weight. The truth is that I do not eat enough, my biggest problem is what and when I eat in my opinion. Supprisingly the hospital have not really addressed this. I am hoping that the wonderful people on this forum can help me out with my food dilemmas.

Sorry I have no answers but I would suggest you contact your team and ask them for some help and advice, very strange that you couldn't do the milk diet, I'm also diabetic but at all and D I had to do it straight after my very first appointment at the beginning of my assessment which is still ongoing, give them a call

I think it'll be a case of substituting, what you don't like for something you do. What kind of things are on the list?

It's always best to talk things through with your team in the first instance though :D

Back