• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Suddenly been given a date!

leilabeila

Hi everyone,

I'm very new here, have been waiting for a date for my band, had the pre op.date through for next week. They suddenly rang on Friday and offered the date of the 28th, so it begins!!

Just wanted to say hello :)

Leila

Hi and welcome. Im lou I have a band and I also got a cancellation and had band four days from phone call x

Hi everyone,

I'm very new here, have been waiting for a date for my band, had the pre op.date through for next week. They suddenly rang on Friday and offered the date of the 28th, so it begins!!

Leila

Hi Leila, congratulations on getting your date :) x

Fantastic news on the date x

Thanks everyone. Know I shouldn't wish my time away, but just want the 28th to be here so I can get started on my journey in earnest!

Leila

Hi everyone,

Leila

Hi and Welcome.
Congrats on the date hon.

Kat
x

I received a call on Friday,asking me if I could go in today,I politely declined,as I've had no pre-op, or liver shrinkage diet & they are aware of this.

Not everyone has to have their liver shrunk prior?

I mentioned this in an earlier post as I have been healthy eating before surgery,but most said you will still have to endure the liver shrinkage diet,but surgeons secretary said ,surgeon was happy with my weight loss & not to worry about liver shrinkage

Hi Leila

I am being banded on the 28th as well!

Am same as you, not wishing time away, but wish it would hurry up :) We can count down the days together!

Justine :)

Hi Leila

I am in Sheffield. I have started pre op diet today - 3 pints of milk and 2 yoghurts - yum yum :) Am on my 5th large milky coffee - think I will be 'mooing' by the time the 28th gets here. Do you have to do yours for a week? There seems to be lots of different pre op diets from reading all the different posts. If I get desperate I have an alternative one that has got a small amount of chicken and egg in it, but I want to try to stick to the milk one if I can to shrink my liver as much as possible, give the surgeon plenty of room for a good old rummage :)

Where are you having yours done? How are you feeling?

Justine x

My pre op diet had meat in it small skinless chicken portion or 4oz of lean meat reasonably easy but little milk. Good luck on your journey x

Hi Leila

I am in Sheffield. I have started pre op diet today - 3 pints of milk and 2 yoghurts - yum yum :) Am on my 5th large milky coffee - think I will be 'mooing' by the time the 28th gets here. Do you have to do yours for a week? There seems to be lots of different pre op diets from reading all the different posts. If I get desperate I have an alternative one that has got a small amount of chicken and egg in it, but I want to try to stick to the milk one if I can to shrink my liver as much as possible, give the surgeon plenty of room for a good old rummage :)

Where are you having yours done? How are you feeling?

Justine x

Hi,

I'm only on yogurt from Tuesday, they say you can have bovril and things, but at the moment I'd rather eat my own leg...

Ask me Friday, and I may be reconsidering!

Having mine done.in Bristol, I'm feeling so excited, just want to get on now!

How are you feeling? Have you been waiting long? How much do you hope to lose eventually?

Leila x

Hi Leila :D

Have been considering the surgery for over a year now, spoke to my GP but I do not meet the criteria for local PCT, so have had to pursue the private route. It has been fairly quick, I went for consultation 2 weeks ago and am booked in for next week, so 3 week from start to finish! Been for my pre-op today and met the surgeon, he is really nice. Have you been waiting long for your date?

Wanting to lose about 9 stone in total - that would get me within a healthy BMI - hope the loss also helps my blood pressure come down.

At the minute I am excited - got a bad headache though - need more water lol!

How are you doing today? Have you got a goal weight you want to loose?

Justine x

Hi Leila :D

Have been considering the surgery for over a year now, spoke to my GP but I do not meet the criteria for local PCT, so have had to pursue the private route. It has been fairly quick, I went for consultation 2 weeks ago and am booked in for next week, so 3 week from start to finish! Been for my pre-op today and met the surgeon, he is really nice. Have you been waiting long for your date?

Wanting to lose about 9 stone in total - that would get me within a healthy BMI - hope the loss also helps my blood pressure come down.

At the minute I am excited - got a bad headache though - need more water lol!

How are you doing today? Have you got a goal weight you want to loose?

Justine x

Hi Justine :)

I decided to go for it in January, my GP was great and its all been really quick (in NHS terms!!) So only waiting.properly about 2 1/2 months for op date.

How's the diet now you're a little further in? Feeling nervous about anything?

I want to be quite muscly, rather than slim, but still need to lose about 15 stone, can't wait to get started!

I'm ok today, last day of freedom before pre op diet, so wish me luck going in to it tomorrow! Did you have to have that swallow reflex test where they check the pressure? Heard it's not pleasant!

Leila x

(Only a week to go! :) )

Hi Justine :)

I decided to go for it in January, my GP was great and its all been really quick (in NHS terms!!) So only waiting.properly about 2 1/2 months for op date.

How's the diet now you're a little further in? Feeling nervous about anything?

I want to be quite muscly, rather than slim, but still need to lose about 15 stone, can't wait to get started!

I'm ok today, last day of freedom before pre op diet, so wish me luck going in to it tomorrow! Did you have to have that swallow reflex test where they check the pressure? Heard it's not pleasant!

Leila x

(Only a week to go! :) )

Hiya Leila

How has your first day gone? Are you ok? Your GP sounds great - that's not a long wait time compared with some of the stories I have read on here.

Didn't have to do any reflux test - blood pressure checked, weighed and measured. Also measured calf for sexy surgical stockings!! I was mortified, I hadn't shaved my legs! LOL!!

Had a bit of a bad day today - had to take my other half to A & E in middle of night as he had injured his eye at work yesterday and it got really bad very quickly, so spent 4 hours waiting to get sorted. Knock effect is I am very mardy and tired and cold and hungry :cry:- so treated myself to an extra yoghurt -I know how to live dangerously! :)

So early night for me along with my last milky coffee of the day.

Be good!

Justine x

Hiya Leila

How has your first day gone? Are you ok? Your GP sounds great - that's not a long wait time compared with some of the stories I have read on here.

Didn't have to do any reflux test - blood pressure checked, weighed and measured. Also measured calf for sexy surgical stockings!! I was mortified, I hadn't shaved my legs! LOL!!

Had a bit of a bad day today - had to take my other half to A & E in middle of night as he had injured his eye at work yesterday and it got really bad very quickly, so spent 4 hours waiting to get sorted. Knock effect is I am very mardy and tired and cold and hungry :cry:- so treated myself to an extra yoghurt -I know how to live dangerously! :)

So early night for me along with my last milky coffee of the day.

Be good!

Justine x

Evening!

So, first day and now (almost) second day done. Feedback so far is that it is rather dull! I haven't been overly hungry yet, but ask me Friday and I may have a different story!

How are things with your other half now? Eye ok? An extra yoghurt? You daredevil you!

Shave my legs, yes this I must remember for next week. They didn't measure me for stockings, does this mean I shall get NHS standard ones that will only reach my ankles...hmmmm...I look forward to that!

How many days in are you now? What are you allowed on your diet? Ready for your op?

Be good yourself :D

Leila x

Back