• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SUGAR FREE CEREAL!

salski

Hell all - in my 'unable to eat anything with sugar in' quest - I have found a sugar free cereal! ie. no added sugar (I dont like shredded wheat)
Morrisons organic cornflakes! No added sugar! It tastes lovely after 7 months of not being able to have cereal for breakfast - does anyone know of any more?
Just thought I would share = other may be in the same predicament ;)

Sal x

I've not had surgery yet, but like a bowl of Cornflakes occassionally, so might give these a go. Cheers hun xXx

thanks for that Sal i dumped seriously on cornflakes i will try those, im fine on weetabix and porridge as well x

I cant do weetabix - porridge is OK if I make it myself with porridge oats and coconut flakes with no sugar or sweetner. But I was so pleased to finally find a normal everyday cereal I can eat ;)

Get the ingredients and make your own museli,oats,nuts,coconut,bran,chopped apple,pear,banana,berries or a small amount of dry fruit that is not sugary and a low fat natural yoghurt.Yummy

Yeah hun I tried - its still in the cupboard - the dried fruit is a no no for the sugar! It will hopefully go away once baby is here so I can resume eating normally ;)
Thanks anyway though x

I recently had a look at a packet of Kelloggs cornflakes and their sugar content has dropped to 8g per 100g of product which is within the tollerances I've been given from my provider but I've yet to try it. Rice Krispies still is at 10g per 100gs.

I recently had a look at a packet of Kelloggs cornflakes and their sugar content has dropped to 8g per 100g of product which is within the tollerances .

they make me poorly, my heart started to race minutes after a few mouthfulls, shame as they was my fav :(

Hi Liz

I hope your doing well. I too had revision surgery from a band.

im doing great thanks i'm just over 7 weeks post op and ajusting quite well, i love my bypass so much more than banding, how are you getting on and when were you done ?

i bought some and tryed them today Sal there great thanks for letting us know about them x

they make me poorly, my heart started to race minutes after a few mouthfulls, shame as they was my fav :(

You might be alright with them in a few months Liz. I couldn't have them straight after surgery, but now i'm ok with a small portion.
Grace xxx

Salski,

Have you tried the Atkins breakfast cereal. Not only is it low sugar, it's also higher protein - so bypass friendly if you want a little breakfast crunch.

quaker oats crunch, mmm mmm x

Salski,

Have you tried the Atkins breakfast cereal. Not only is it low sugar, it's also higher protein - so bypass friendly if you want a little breakfast crunch.

Howdy! Im really not able to eat anything at all with sugar in first thing in the morning. Literally even if I have too much semi skimmed milk, with the sugar in the lactose it can send me funny, let alone anything at all with sugar in. Fruit, dried fruit etc all is a nono - so this organic cornflakes with a small amount of milk seems to be OK at the mo. Im hoping it will all improve when baby comes! Heres hoping! I miss my muesli :)

Thanks anyway hun x

Back