• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland hospital

good luck the bloods might be tricky my op is on hold as i had dodgy blood results and now have to be seen by haemotology at my local hospital first

good luck the bloods might be tricky my op is on hold as i had dodgy blood results and now have to be seen by haemotology at my local hospital first
Do you know which of your blood tests there was a problem with? Mine was a slight issue with u & e but said nothing to worry about just to retest

not sure they couldnt decide between factor 8 and platlets will find out end of month when i go see haemotology im sure yours will be fine it was a mention just incase

Just got the call (thought it was a friend taking the mick after seeing the amount of food and alcohol I've just unloaded from
My car) due to a cancellation I'm now going in 4th January woop woop woop

Hope your feeling well and your op went well today x

Everyone is really friendly there, I can't remember her name but there was a lovely HCA there, she was young and very funny.
The theatre team are really reassuring to. And the porters were hot !

Everyone is really friendly there, I can't remember her name but there was a lovely HCA there, she was young and very funny. The theatre team are really reassuring to. And the porters were hot !
There was a very hot porter very tanned muscley and good tattoos :)

Congrats Tracey on your op. I am on waiting list for bypass at Sunderland so hopefully wont be much longer. How are you getting along and what are you eating, I just dont know what to expect. xx

Read the daily bypass menu. That helped me pre op. It's on this site. Life and eating goes on and is enjoyable after surgery! I promise xx

Congrats Tracey on your op. I am on waiting list for bypass at Sunderland so hopefully wont be much longer. How are you getting along and what are you eating, I just dont know what to expect. xx
I'm doing good I think, I can eat more than I expected. I started today with one of those belvita breakfast bars (honey and nut) mushed up,with warm milk, later I had a ww yoghurt and low fat cheese triangle, then 1/3 tin of tomato soup with a teaspoon of light Philadelphia in it then ( never ending list) a ramekin full of puréed kipper mash and tomato. I feel like I'm eating too much but not sure if this is right or wrong

That has surprised me because i read somewhere that you have to have liquids for the first couple of weeks then pureed food.

Glad it is going great for you. I shall keep posting when i get mine x

Everywhere seems so different I thought it was liquid for 2 weeks also but they put you straight on purées I'm enjoying everything at the minute and keeping a diary of everything I eat but I'm
Sure by week 4 my teeth will have forgotten how to chew!

Hi good luck with your journey, i've been watching the weight loss program on tv based at sunderland, good insight.

i live on soft foods as have no teeth so my issue will be the chewing 20 times

Iv been for my pre op this morning so if everything is well my op will be this time next week. Its all getting very real and nerves are kicking in.

Iv been for my pre op this morning so if everything is well my op will be this time next week. Its all getting very real and nerves are kicking in.
You'll be fine it's normal to have last minute nerves/doubts the nurses are great at Sunderland I actually really enjoyed my hospital stay :)

How are you getting on since your op?
Lynzy I keep thinking it's all been a dream I'm constantly checking my wounds to reassure myself it's actually happened, little bit wind pain after op I just walked around and took every bit of pain medication they offered me, bit of a stitch like pain now and again at home but nothing like what I expected, feel great :)

Back