• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland

Lucy_Jucie1984

Thought I'd start this thread for anyone at Sunderland , if you want to post your time scales , how you were treated etc or any advice? Or anyone starting their journey like me? I'm going to the seminar tonight anyone else ? X

Thought I'd start this thread for anyone at Sunderland , if you want to post your time scales , how you were treated etc or any advice? Or anyone starting their journey like me? I'm going to the seminar tonight anyone else ? X

Hi Lucy, I am at Sunderland but am almost two years from the beginning of my journey and I am having a bypass on 28th March. Cant wait. This site is great for information and tips etc.

Really friendly and you will get lots of ideas and read up on the journeys.

I dont think your journey will be as long as mine as I had an op half way through(not to do with wls) so that delayed it a bit. After tonight you should get the option to go for it or not. They will ask you to call if you want to continue with the op. After this you will get a dietician/bariatric team appt.

If you need anything just ask hun and good luck tonight xx

Yeah that's exactly what has happened. I may have to get my gallbladder removed will this effect the process do you think ?

Hi I had a bypass at Sunderland in Nov it was about 17 months from seminar to op no regrets so pleased I did it

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah deffo going for it , I've rang up and they are sending out an appointment for me. I'll speak to my doctor about gall bladder removal as I'd rather them do it both together as then only under the knife once.

I did have another op in this whole process but it didnt stall it at all, depending on what tests they do, there may be other things you need to do like endoscopy, sleep study, etc.

Good luck with you journey tho, and are you going to the support groups in Sunderland, they are the last Thursday of every month. Pre andpost op patients are welcome. x

Thursdays are a bit difficult for me for child are but I will try and attend. Do you go ?

I do go but I was working last month and the next one will be when I am gettin the op (whoop) so will be in hospital just not in the seminar lol.

Next one I will go to is last thurs in april. Thats fair enough if you cant get childcare but it is good and you get loads of info. Even just once would give you a boost that it is worth the wait....... i cant say that yet cos i aint been done yet.

x

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm trying to keep this private so won't be joining the Facebook group as only my very close family know about it. I may change my mind and tell people nearer the time. :)

We'll got my follow up appointment next Thursday so having bloods done this Friday. I've been told that the process starts to slow right down after this appointment. What does happen afterwards do you get a letter confirming you have been successful or do you just wait for your appointment for the camera down your throat ?

I am NHS hun, not sure about the speed with private. I thought it would be much quicker. They may do endoscopy and test all in one go. I wouldnt have thought it would be more than a couple of months.

Hope it goes quick for you xx

I'm not private Hun, I'm NHS too :)

Oh sorry, i dont know where i got that from lol!! derrrrr........

If you look at my signature, it pretty much tells you the timescales for waiting xx

It's ok lol I'm nervous for Thursday now, also just had results back for my gall stones so will also find out next week what they want to do, I'm never away from that hospital haha

Hi I had my bypass last march and have not regretted it one bit

I was down to have gall bladder out at the same time but as I was having no issues they postponed till after I've lost most of my weight as it will be an easier recovery ad op for them so going back in 6 months to see about getting it out

Good luck on your journey be prepared to wait be patient SRH is the busiest bariatric unit in the area so waiting times are long. Many say the follow ups haven't been great but I have had mine on time.

I only had one cancelled appointment in my journey to have the op which meant from seminar to op was 26months but in that time I also had a balloon in for 6 months so not too long

Like I say good luck keep the faith meet the targets set or they will knock you back

Hi had my bypass Feb 13 and am now 11 stone down from over 19 stone. Love it. Took 2 years but worth it. Aftercare has been poor, only 1 appointment in a year however I am doing great. Good luck x

Hi had my bypass Feb 13 and am now 11 stone down from over 19 stone. Love it. Took 2 years but worth it. Aftercare has been poor, only 1 appointment in a year however I am doing great. Good luck x
Wow I'm 19st. 8 and soooooo want to be 8st!!!! Lol well for a healthy BMI I should be between 9.5st - 10.5st the lowest I ever got was 14st and I felt amazing then. Got consultant app today, I'm quote nervous

good luck with the consultant

Hi all,

I am just starting my journey and I will be going to Sunderland so I thought i might join you here if thats ok?

I seen my GP last week to ask for a referral and I came out of her office with a date for the seminar at sunderland. I was not expecting it to be so quick!

I really am quite nervous about this. I know its what I want and it will help me, to be honest I don't even know what is making me so nervous! So any experience you guys want to share would be great!

I guess my first question has to be is what happens at the seminar?

Back