• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland!

HI
Yes it is, I was told at seminar would be within 8 weeks. I just want a date! My Consultant is Mr Carr, he's really nice. Are you excited?

Yes i'm also absolutely terrified but i suppose thats normal! At my seminar it was a lady consultant or registrar i think she said she's a locum.

I had my appointment exactly 4 weeks after seminar, they told us to confirm we wanted to go ahead and ring booking line and they made an appointment whilst i was on the phone.

Yes i'm also absolutely terrified but i suppose thats normal! At my seminar it was a lady consultant or registrar i think she said she's a locum.

I had my appointment exactly 4 weeks after seminar, they told us to confirm we wanted to go ahead and ring booking line and they made an appointment whilst i was on the phone.

I think its understandable to be nervous but you will be fine. Do you think it is worth ringing appointments for the dietician / nurse date then? I have loads of things coming up so would just like to know of possible.

What are you expecting at your appointment on Monday?

I think its understandable to be nervous but you will be fine. Do you think it is worth ringing appointments for the dietician / nurse date then? I have loads of things coming up so would just like to know of possible.

What are you expecting at your appointment on Monday?

Well we where told to ring a number within i think 30days if we wanted to go ahead if we decided it was not for us then we didnt need to ring, so i would as its what they said to us but it may have just been changed.

Well the dietitian and nurse gave me a weight loss target of 1 stone and i have lost just over so i'm hoping they will say my next appointment after monday is for an endoscopy and possibly do balloon at same time. They mentioned both could be done at same time. Or another outcome is they say come back in 3 months and if you haven't gained they will go ahead and then wait for endoscopy.

As my name says this is my second chance i have been through process before and never lost the weight only put on and then i fell pregnant... but i feel much more focused and determined than before i defiantly wasn't mentally ready.

Well we where told to ring a number within i think 30days if we wanted to go ahead if we decided it was not for us then we didnt need to ring, so i would as its what they said to us but it may have just been changed.

Well the dietitian and nurse gave me a weight loss target of 1 stone and i have lost just over so i'm hoping they will say my next appointment after monday is for an endoscopy and possibly do balloon at same time. They mentioned both could be done at same time. Or another outcome is they say come back in 3 months and if you haven't gained they will go ahead and then wait for endoscopy.

As my name says this is my second chance i have been through process before and never lost the weight only put on and then i fell pregnant... but i feel much more focused and determined than before i defiantly wasn't mentally ready.

well done on your weight loss, thats brilliant! This time it sounds as if your in the right place! Good luck, I will be watching your progress x

su2ie, im from hartlepol too :)

hia ladies I'm from hartlepool too but am at James Cook, went ro seminar 8th September just done sleep apnoea test and am almost at my weight loss goal, booked in for consultation 8th December they said to be prepared to be listed in January :)

Wow there seems to be a few of us in hartlepool :)

I'm really pleased to be at sunderland, they've been great so far. I've seen different doctors each time though. Mr Schroeder did the seminar, then my consultant appointment was with Mr Balapuri. Endoscopy with Mr Schroeder, then surgery date was offered with Mr Small. No idea who'll end up actually doing the surgery! They all seem fab though so I really don't mind.

It's really great the process has speeded up, hope y'all don't have to wait too long.
So far I've done the following steps:-
1. Seminar
2. Dietician/bariatric nurse
3. Sleep apnoea test
4. Consultant
5. Endoscopy and listed
6. offered a surgery date - which I had to turn down unfortunately

Sounds so simple put like that :)

I'm on tenterhooks at the moment waiting for another text message to book a date!

Hi

You can actually commit after the seminar now instead of phoning. you just tell the dietician after the seminar. which I think is great. If you need time to think about it then you need to phone.

hia ladies I'm from hartlepool too but am at James Cook, went ro seminar 8th September just done sleep apnoea test and am almost at my weight loss goal, booked in for consultation 8th December they said to be prepared to be listed in January :)
I had actually just done a sleep apnoea test before my appointment coz my asthma nurse wanted it and all was fine so they just contacted James Cook to confirm results.

Wow there seems to be a few of us in hartlepool :) I'm really pleased to be at sunderland, they've been great so far. I've seen different doctors each time though. Mr Schroeder did the seminar, then my consultant appointment was with Mr Balapuri. Endoscopy with Mr Schroeder, then surgery date was offered with Mr Small. No idea who'll end up actually doing the surgery! They all seem fab though so I really don't mind. It's really great the process has speeded up, hope y'all don't have to wait too long. So far I've done the following steps:- 1. Seminar 2. Dietician/bariatric nurse 3. Sleep apnoea test 4. Consultant 5. Endoscopy and listed 6. offered a surgery date - which I had to turn down unfortunately Sounds so simple put like that :) I'm on tenterhooks at the moment waiting for another text message to book a date!
hopefully another date is just around the corner

Got my appointment date with Dietician and Nurse, November 19th. Everything seems to be happening really quick! :eek:

Got my appointment date with Dietician and Nurse, November 19th. Everything seems to be happening really quick! :eek:
Oh that's fab did you have to ring or did you get your letter? I know what you mean I'm on 3rd visit come Monday all just under 3 and a half month and last time it took longer to get to that stage lol

Oh that's fab did you have to ring or did you get your letter? I know what you mean I'm on 3rd visit come Monday all just under 3 and a half month and last time it took longer to get to that stage lol

I rang them as I have quite a bit on at work over the next few weeks so wanted to get date in my diary so I did not have to cancel anything. How long did you wait after your appt? X

I rang them as I have quite a bit on at work over the next few weeks so wanted to get date in my diary so I did not have to cancel anything. How long did you wait after your appt? X

For this 3rd one with consultant? I think i got it beginning September so aprox 5 weeks from the dietitian one and its n the 13th in 3 days!!! Today i have started to get nervous i dunno why just hoping there scales show my loss lol ***scales are evil!!!*** x

Hi ladygogs.. I'm there again on 8th Dec too... Great news on nearly being at target, I'm about half way there :) I have to say I nearly died when the nurse told me we could be looking at being listed for January ... Eeeek x

Hi all, I'm at Sunderland too!! Going in tomorrow and having surgery on Sunday. Scary!!! I've been on the list for nearly 2 years- my choice to drag it out! The time seems to go so quick tho. Everyone at hospital so far have been great, I'll let you all know how the weekend goes xxx

For this 3rd one with consultant? I think i got it beginning September so aprox 5 weeks from the dietitian one and its n the 13th in 3 days!!! Today i have started to get nervous i dunno why just hoping there scales show my loss lol ***scales are evil!!!*** x
Aw I am sure you will be fine Jo, I wish you all the luck! I am so please you are not having to wait long. I just want it done, I feel like my life is on hold at the minute and I cant think of anything else! Let me know how you get on next week x

Hi all, I'm at Sunderland too!! Going in tomorrow and having surgery on Sunday. Scary!!! I've been on the list for nearly 2 years- my choice to drag it out! The time seems to go so quick tho. Everyone at hospital so far have been great, I'll let you all know how the weekend goes xxx

Good luck for tomorrow Jo, you will be fab! Can't wait to see the weight start dropping off you and I look forward to following your progress x

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, hope everything goes well for you x

Aww thats great Loulabelle :) Might be in together!!!

hope all goes well for you today Lily-Jo, sending much love and positive thoughts x

Back