• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Supersize v superskinny

24lbs he lost in 8 weeks....yup. 3lb a week average....if we (as larger ladies) went on a diet though we drop to 1200-1500 cals.he went to 2200....so i suppose hes on track for those figures?

6 workouts a week though....he was massively in denial and i wouldnt be suprised if he was telling a porkie or 2 ;)

That's what I was thinking. I lost 2 stone in just over a month when I started weight management last year and I was a lot smaller than him. So I also think the 6 times may be an overstatement lol

I just think at his size, 2 stone would drop of, then settle to 2-3lbs a week x

what did the weight management entail....thats my next step and im wondering if they are going to tell me to eat salad and exercise (i KNOW this) or if it works differently....im worried it wont make a blind bit of different :/

24lbs he lost in 8 weeks....yup. 3lb a week average....if we (as larger ladies) went on a diet though we drop to 1200-1500 cals.he went to 2200....so i suppose hes on track for those figures?

Nah, the 2200 cals a day was for the underweight woman to GAIN weight.

The diet and calorie allowance that Christian had set for the large chap was 3000 cals a day.

I have often thought with this Supersize v SuperSkinny programme, although it does have a few good points, I do shake my head in frustration when:

1. Dr Christian always gives the obese person a quite HIGH calorie allowance (I do know that technically a person who was previously eating 7000+ cals a day *should* be able to lose weight on 3000 cals a day -- it will be small amounts of weight and very slow).

2. The fact that they are not more stringent -- perhaps they are offering a diet which will not cause the obese person too much hunger ...... but it won't produce great results.

3. How does the obese person fare *after* those 8 weeks on just slightly reduced calorie intake ...?

My instincts tell me they will find further weight loss quite difficult ..... but SuperSize v SuperSkinny never wants to advocate very low calorie diets (which would work and shift the pound fast for a 35 st person who *needs* to shift at least 20 stone) ...... nor do they ever want to mention bariatric surgery.

My heart does wonder how much long term benefit the obese subjects of the programme get out of their very slightly calorie reduced healthy eating programme. :confused:

I wondered that today too Sharon - if he will ever offer bariatric surgery like he has done on Embarrassing Bodies.

That guy today needed a sleeve, followed by a bypass. I cannot see how he will ever lose all that excess weight alone.

I hope the show gives serious aftercare x

The diet and calorie allowance that Christian had set for the large chap was 3000 cals a day.

I have often thought with this Supersize v SuperSkinny programme, although it does have a few good points, I do shake my head in frustration when:

1. Dr Christian always gives the obese person a quite HIGH calorie allowance (I do know that technically a person who was previously eating 7000+ cals a day *should* be able to lose weight on 3000 cals a day -- it will be small amounts of weight and very slow).

2. The fact that they are not more stringent -- perhaps they are offering a diet which will not cause the obese person too much hunger ...... but it won't produce great results.

3. How does the obese person fare *after* those 8 weeks on just slightly reduced calorie intake ...?

My instincts tell me they will find further weight loss quite difficult ..... but SuperSize v SuperSkinny never wants to advocate very low calorie diets (which would work and shift the pound fast for a 35 st person who *needs* to shift at least 20 stone) ...... nor do they ever want to mention bariatric surgery.

My heart does wonder how much long term benefit the obese subjects of the programme get out of their very slightly calorie reduced healthy eating programme. :confused:

i would certainly hope there is a longer programme for them.....not just the one we see on the show.....

I would think/hope that the higher allowance is for the intial phase, then a lower allowance is given. Obvioulsy this is just my opinion because they never revisit.

The allowance is surely also based on height, current weight, activity levels etc. A very large person would 'need' more calories than a smaller dieter just to exist.

To put it into perspective my calorie allowance on the Rosemary Conley diet at around 16 stone was over 2,000 calories. This decreased the more I lost.

I always thought that this is not a diet for him (the big lad) but a life long lifestyle change - that is why I think he does not go mad with the low cal's in the beginning, his aim is to have them eat from their plan for life??

I do think he looks a lot better with his brunette hair! He almost looked a bit sexy tonight! :rolleyes:

Mazza said:
I would think/hope that the higher allowance is for the intial phase, then a lower allowance is given. Obvioulsy this is just my opinion because they never revisit.

The allowance is surely also based on height, current weight, activity levels etc. A very large person would 'need' more calories than a smaller dieter just to exist.

To put it into perspective my calorie allowance on the Rosemary Conley diet at around 16 stone was over 2,000 calories. This decreased the more I lost.

That makes sense. Too low may have really shocked his body. I know how weak my pre op made me feel for to days, and it's around 600-700 cals a day xxx

I do think he looks a lot better with his brunette hair! He almost looked a bit sexy tonight! :rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I preferred the blonde hair ..... but Dr Christian always looks slightly weird to me -- his eyes go a bit slanty and almost cross eyed when looking up at people .... and he often seems to have a "knowing" smirk on his face.

I preferred the blonde hair ..... but Dr Christian always looks slightly weird to me -- his eyes go a bit slanty and almost cross eyed when looking up at people .... and he often seems to have a "knowing" smirk on his face.

I agree, far too smirky for my liking! ;)

Sharonimo said:

Not my cup of tea lol.

But then again, I am sure I am not his either! Lol!!

Roflmao!!!!!!!

Ima remember that one for life!! Lol!!! Just too funny!!!

Fuffs said:
Not my cup of tea lol.

But then again, I am sure I am not his either! Lol!!

I believe the lovely Dr isn't interested in the 'fairer sex' so none of you ladies start getting your hopes up lol!!

He did have a different look about him last night, more tanned and serious looking. I liked it better than the usual blond streaks he normally wears. Oh and I do love his shirts hehe!!

Jen1961 said:
I believe the lovely Dr isn't interested in the 'fairer sex' so none of you ladies start getting your hopes up lol!!

He did have a different look about him last night, more tanned and serious looking. I liked it better than the usual blond streaks he normally wears. Oh and I do love his shirts hehe!!

That's what I meant lol

Mazza said:
Anyone watching tonights?

I'm sky plusing it now :) my big fat operation is on bio at 9 :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Its a good one!

Im supposed to be getting Sky on Friday - after 2 failed attempts to fit it, grrrrrrrr

Will be lots more things to watch then!

Mazza said:
Its a good one!

Im supposed to be getting Sky on Friday - after 2 failed attempts to fit it, grrrrrrrr

Will be lots more things to watch then!

Make sure u sign up free for "anytime" u can catch up on it then. It's good viewing :) x good luck with sky lol x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back