• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Support Needed - My Charity Cycle Ride

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Hey All. Some of you that know my story will know that since loosing my weight after my RNY 18 months ago, I have gotten myself quite fit through Cycling (Along with others, eh Mickie ;o)). Cycling really has become my Hobby and passion now and I go everywhere on my Bike. I love nothing better than heading up into the Yorkshire Dales for a nice brisk 35 miles. :cool:
Anyway, just before Christmas, My Mother-in-Law was diagnosed with Breast Cancer :( , I'm pleased to say though that after a mastectomy, Chemotherapy & Radiotherapy, she is now on the road to recovery. she has even just ran the Race for Life (Bless Her). so I got to thinking that seeing as I have been now blessed with a new body so to speak & Health & Fitness, that I should give something back and do a good dead.
So on Saturday 23rd July 2011, I shall be cycling 60 miles from Catterick Garrison to my Mother-in-Laws (Wendy) in Acklam and Back. I will be raising Money for Cancer Research UK, which is an amazing Charity that does great work. I have set up a Just Giving page for Donations to Sponsor me for this ride. the Donations go directly to the Charity.

So please, please, please Support me by donating though my Justgiving page. it doesn't matter how much or little you can spare, your donation will be greatly received by me and the Charity.

I will be taking photos along the way, and then one of me and Wendy when I get there, and then of course my journey back. I wil post them up after the ride.

Thanks for listening and you can donate by following this link>>>>

THANK YOU!

RICHARD KIMMAGE is fundraising for Cancer Research UK

Last edited:

starr

very happy post opper
hi Kim ,im fairly new on here so dont really know your journey, but just wanted to say how brilliant you have done ,and to say il be supporting your bike ride , im one of 11 kids,and i have had the heartache of losing 2 brothers to cancer and 2 sisters to breast cancer and caring for 3 of them at home , so know how this affects peoples lives,and how people like you make such a difference ,,i wish you all the luck in the world and hope its a great success, x,

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Hi Starr, thank you very much for your support. and I'm very sorry to hear that you and most of your family have been hit hard by Cancer. It's a terrible disease that comes in many forms, and does not discriminate. :cry:

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Guy's...Anyone..pretty please?? :(

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
i must have missed this post - but im happy to sponsor you!

good luck :) x
Thank you so so much for your Kind donation. I will be giving the ride my ALL. I promise. :)

annemw333

Six Month Post Op
What a great and worthy cause. I did a charity half marathon in Alaska in honour of my sister's successful battle against lymphoma. It's a great way to feel like you are helping the ones you love at a time when you often feel so helpless.

starr

very happy post opper
really hope your getting close to your target,and surpassing it!,your a diamond!xx

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Thanks ALL. Currently at £140 in donations from some very kind people. target is £300, but i'm hoping to smash that. still got about 6 weeks left before the ride, so plenty of time yet.
went out and did a 16 mile cardio ride this morning, short distance but lots of long and very steep hills. felt great, will do about 40 miles on Saturday as a training ride. so all is going very well. :)

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Hi Guys, well i'm up to £240 in donations at the moment, HUGE thanks to ALL who have sponsored/Donated. I went out and did a 55 mile training ride yesterday, so I should do my Charity Ride without a hitch. once again please donate if you can, any amount small or large would be greatly recieved. Cancer is the biggest threat to human life in this country. please help Cancer Research UK continue their great work by donating.

Many thanks. x :)

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Now going to ride 60 Miles. Please donate if you can. Any amount would be greatly received.

Thanks. :cool:

suepat10

I don't get paid until next Friday, but will make a note to go to that link.

My father has recently got the all clear (well, shrunk enough to not grow back in his lifetime) from prostate cancer so this is something important to me

xxsarahxx

What a fantastic, selfless thing you are doing, i lost my dad and grandad to cancer and i'm very happy to donate. Hope it all goes well. Thanks for caring!!!! x

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Thanks xx

suepat10

Hi

Apologies, this went out of my head. Have donated now x

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Today is the day Peeps. I will give you an update later, when my ride is completed. :)