• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surely Not

In sept I'm three years out and it hasn't got any better .... My kids look at me like I'm gone out wen I ask them to get my coat before I go out.

Lol I can remember in the winter having vest t shirt jumper and fleece on in the office x boss came in, heating was on full and said is it that cold down there think cos im gonna pass out if you dont turn it down ... the last straw was the blanket over my legs I think .... :) xxx

In sept I'm three years out and it hasn't got any better .... My kids look at me like I'm gone out wen I ask them to get my coat before I go out.

Lol I can remember in the winter having vest t shirt jumper and fleece on in the office x boss came in, heating was on full and said is it that cold down there think cos im gonna pass out if you dont turn it down ... the last straw was the blanket over my legs I think .... :) xxx

Oh Tink you really do make me laugh lol

I have never in my life worn a coat until I had this surgery. Now I NEED to wear one to try to keep some warmth in me. Pre op, I wore sleeveless t.shirts with a very think linen shirt over the top, a wispy thing just to cover up and I was still roasting hot.
I'm not thin now, not by a long chalk but I am cold, so it must be to do with the way our bodies are using up our calories, burning fat instead of heating us up.
Lynne x

I had my op in January 2010 around the time it was snowing a lot and believe me that's not a good time to lose your insulation. But on the plus side, I can now walk into a shop in winter without breaking into a sweat because their heating is on full, I actually enjoy it now coz I can get warm! Lol I've never owned a jumper or big thick coat in my life until after my surgery.

It will affect you so soon after surgery as your calorie intake has dramatically reduced which will also leave you feeling tired.

Nope, not experienced being cold - think you are just being a man Gary!! LOL!! Get your blanky around you - you will soon warm up!!

Ruth, your right, I think he just wants loads of cuddles. lol

Lynne x

I had swine flu 2 years ago and since then could never get cold slept with no quilt just in my shorts with the bedroom window wide open even when it was snowing lol but since my op it's ridiculous cold all the time under the quilt window closed and heating on the wife is chuffed to bits as she has always been a cold arse ha ha

Yeap sorry we forgot to tell you the losers bench is in the fridge :winter_brr:

I keep meaning to find out if it is something medical due to the surgery or if its just losing the thinsulation

I had a quick google last night and apparently its a metabolic thing and losing layers of fat doesn't help :( :sigh:

All you pre-oppers out there be careful what you wish for.
People may have looked at you funny when you had got a t shirt on and sweat dripping down your face in the snow BUT even more make comments and stare when you are walking round on a hot day wearing a thick coat and gloves :winter_brr: :D

I haven't even had the op yet but ave lost 3 stone so far on the pre-op diet and am constantly snuggled up in a big thick cardi, god help me post op!

Its true i never felt the cold till after my op now i wear more layers than ever before and i got a hot water bottle for my feet when i got in bed welcome to the fridge lol

I truly must be a weird one. I generally feel really hot. Still using the fan at night and have window wide open. Any other hot post oppers out there?

I truly must be a weird one. I generally feel really hot. Still using the fan at night and have window wide open. Any other hot post oppers out there?

It took me 4 months before I really started to feel the cold.
Just wait for the winter and see if it kicks in LOL

I'm still feeling the heat today - wish I was fridge-like!! :p

I'm still feeling the heat today - wish I was fridge-like!! :p

I was walking round the carboot with my down jacket on till about dinner time, before I felt warm enough to take it off.
Poor Paul had sweat dripping down his face and kept asking aren't you warm yet:rotflmao:

Back