• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

They have changed my surgeon!!

HoPe*87*

Hi all,
Just wondered if this is common, I had my last appointment at the hospital (Sunderland) with consultant surgeon Mr Mahawar, I've received my letter confirming my op date this morning :) but it says consultant surgeon Mr Schroeder?? Do they often change ur surgeon? Not that it really matters I just would have liked to have met him xxx

yes its just whichever surgeon is free when its ur turn for ur op. i was offered a date b4 mine if i had went with that it wud of been mr Small who done my surgery. I think certain cases where theres more risk with other problems i think they stick xx

Yes, My surgeon was a last minute change as I had a cancellation as he had a free space ... I wasn't complaining, lol as it brought my op forward by about 4 months :D:D + he was the surgeon I wanted in the first place, double result. I think this is common practise in most hospitals. Good Luck, honey xxx

Yes I never met my surgeon and even for my fallow up 6 week check I wont meet him.

They seem to change all the time at sunderland so I wouldn't hold your breath that you get him on the day. But I've heard lovely things about Mr S and as you say it doesn't really matter - they're all well qualified!

Every letter I've had has had a different name on it, I've had appointments with Mr S, Mr M and Mr B but never met any of them. I've met Mr Gupta every time and he is lovely but I really don't care who does it so long as I get the surgery lol x

How long after you had seen Mr Mahawar, was it for your opp?

caraline said:
How long after you had seen Mr Mahawar, was it for your opp?

I was put on waiting list in October, op in Feb so 4 months I have been rang for cancellations but had to turn them down or the wait cud have been as little as 2 months xx

newcy said:
They seem to change all the time at sunderland so I wouldn't hold your breath that you get him on the day. But I've heard lovely things about Mr S and as you say it doesn't really matter - they're all well qualified!

Every letter I've had has had a different name on it, I've had appointments with Mr S, Mr M and Mr B but never met any of them. I've met Mr Gupta every time and he is lovely but I really don't care who does it so long as I get the surgery lol x

Yeah I'm not really fussed I just think for piece of mind and consistency for patients it wud be nice to see ur surgeon but I'm just thankful it's happening :) xx

Back