• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery Abroad?

toxingirl said:
Oonion - how funny. I,m like that without my glasses, particularly when texting - can be all gobbledegook lol x

Shana, how exciting that you are there. Was the airport collection smooth. Which hotel are you in, i,ve still not booked mine.... How are you feeling? xx

Yes no problems at all with the transfer, driver was there when we arrived and only took 30 mins or so.

I opted to stay in the apartments in same building as the clinic as my mum is with me and she wanted to be close by after the procedure. They are very nice and seem newly decorated but only downside is czech only tv but they do have a dvd player and free wifi luckily

A week will fly by, it will be your turn before u know itx

And weirdly, I,m really looking forward to a few days away. No doubt I,ll be eating those words post op!! Lol x

I had bypass in Bruges with Dr Dilleman's ( i went with my sister and we both had the op on the same day). For me it was a good experience but from a post op point of view you have no follow up so it is a case of cut sew and go !

Hi, I am also looking into dr dillemans for having my rny. Could you please let me know about your experiences with the surgery in regards to pain?? Were you able to travel back in the allocated time of 2 days after surgery?? also what had your weight loss been like??

Hi, I am also looking into dr dillemans for having my rny. Could you please let me know about your experiences with the surgery in regards to pain?? Were you able to travel back in the allocated time of 2 days after surgery?? also what had your weight loss been like??

It all depends on how complicated the surgery is. I had a two stage conversion from band to bypass. The surgery after the band removal required me to stay in hospital for four nights and an additional three nights in Brugge before being allowed to return home. After the RNY (which went much more smoothly), I was able to get up and walk around within a day and was out of hospital the next morning after watching Netflix through the night (I slept so much through the day I couldn't sleep at night). I booked a hotel for three nights to be on the cautious side (and was recommended due to previous complications) but I was ready to travel.

One suggestion I'd make is avoid the hottest time of year for the surgery as the hospital doesn't have an effective air conditioning system in the wards. Also bring a beach towel to lay on the bed as the plastic undersheet can make you sweaty and uncomfortable. If someone is accompanying you then you can leave earlier, I travelled independently so had to stay a bit longer.

Have a look through my thread if you like as there is a lot of information about Dr Dillemans and my experience.

Back