• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in a week and broken nose!

Barne

Hi everyone

This will probably sound really silly but I have broken my nose! My surgery is on the 28th.

Is a broken nose likely to affect the surgery at all? I have no idea about these things.

I've emailed my provider but waiting for a response.

Hopefully someone will have an idea, thanks in advance

Hi Barne,
I would maybe call your provider for urgent clarification.
I'm thinking about the anesthetist and the array of questions asked pre-op and morning of op. I know I was asked about my asthma & sleep apnea, and anything which may affect my breathing.
Has your broken nose affected your breathing in any way?
Hope this helps x

Thanks
My provider is in Belgium so I'm hoping they respond to my email quickly.

Yes I'm definitely finding it more difficult to breathe through my nose. I think that is due to the swelling so I'm hoping in a few days when the swelling goes down I'll be able to breathe properly again. Fingers crossed!

Ouch, that hurts! Only your team can decide if it's an issue or not but I'd be concerned too in case it will effect the anaesthetic etc. Hopefully they'll still be able to safely go ahead. You've got 8 days and when I broke mine I think the swelling went down fairly quickly, the bruising took longer though. Fingers crossed for you x

You can try Arnica. That helps with bruising. Holland & Barrett or boots. It may help. I can't see why they would not seen as tubes go down your throat not up your nose. Let's hope they get back to you soon.

Good luck bbe, I will be thinking about you!!

Not long now, so excited for you. How you feeling?

Xxxxx

Thanks guys.

I'm so nervous! I've had surgery twice before but it's been emergency surgery so I haven't had time to dwell on it and get scared!

I'm finding the waiting pretty difficult, I just want it done so I can stop worrying. Looking forward to a new lifestyle though!

The pre op diet is going OK. All I was told was to do a no fat diet. No fat is proving extremely difficult so I'm just keeping fat content extremely low.

I'm a bit worried because my surgery is in 5 days and I still haven't heard whether BSS has received my money yet! Eeeeeeek.

@Barne I know how you feel. At the risk of sounding daft I 'prefer' emergency surgery. I've had several where I've had to sign the consent while they rush me towards theatre and at least there's no real time to panic that way!
Maybe chase up confirmation they have the money tomorrow? You need as little to be anxious about as possible right now! Good luck, you'll be on the losers bench before you know it x

Thanks Feebee, I am going to chase again tomorrow. Apparently the man who checks the account has been on holiday! So I'm hoping tomorrow he will be back at work and they will let me know. If not I'll email again in the evening. Don't want to make too much of a pest of myself haha.

Nope but you think they'd have more than one person who can check that kind of thing :D

Thanks! So nervous! I'm in Belgium now. I saw Bart today and talked through what I need to do in the morning. I was allowed a last meal so we had Pizza Hut for dinner! Because I've been fat free for a few weeks, it made me feel a little ill haha.

I'll let you know how it goes! I'm so terrified now eek! Xxx

Thanks! So nervous! I'm in Belgium now. I saw Bart today and talked through what I need to do in the morning. I was allowed a last meal so we had Pizza Hut for dinner! Because I've been fat free for a few weeks, it made me feel a little ill haha.

I'll let you know how it goes! I'm so terrified now eek! Xxx

Its normal to feel nervous but dnt bbe ..its guna be fineeee!!!!!!

Wow lucky u last meal lol sounds yumm..what time is ur op? Did they ever comfirm they received payment?

Xxx

Thanks mollypop :)

I have to be at the hospital for 7 to have a consultation with the surgeon and have some tests. They estimate my surgery time to be roughly noon when they have had my results back.

The pizza was a mistake! All the salt has made me soooo thirsty! And I can't drink anything today (should have thought that through better haha).

Gotta get ready for hospital now! Ahhhhhhh!

Xxxx

Good luck Barne. I hope everything goes well and wish you a speedy recovery :) looking forward to reading more about your journey x

Back