• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in a week and broken nose!

Thanks Victoria!

I'm currently lying on my bed just waiting. Another lady just went in for her MGB so im after her. All the tests have come back fine and my IV is in. The care so far has been very good

@Barne haha - Had I of had the choice of a last meal, I would have had exactly the same. Hope all is going well. Jo x

Thanks Victoria!

I'm currently lying on my bed just waiting. Another lady just went in for her MGB so im after her. All the tests have come back fine and my IV is in. The care so far has been very good
Good luck today, so exciting xxx

Sorry I haven't updated. The op was a success, slight complication because apparently 'my intestines are strange' so I have slightly larger incisions and the op took a lot longer than normal. It scared the hell out of my husband who was going out of his mind and couldn't find anyone who knew anything!

I had a slightly traumatic experience on the operating table as no one could get my IV in. They tried 17!!!! times before they managed to get it in me. So I was battered, bruised and looked like a pin cushion. By the time I got onto the table I was having a panic attack so that wasn't so good.

I'm 4 days post op now and doing okay. I came back to the UK today, it was a painful journey but I made it ok.

The care in Belgium was brilliant, I couldn't fault it at all. All of the nurses were very good. I almost ended up staying in hospital an extra night due to my pain levels and my lack of mobility. Luckily I made quite a big improvement on my original day of leaving so I was allowed to go.

I'm still in a fair amount of pain. I'm heading to the doctors tomorrow so I can get a fit note for work and also give them the paperwork from Belgium.

Just so relived it's over! Xxx

Sorry I haven't updated. The op was a success, slight complication because apparently 'my intestines are strange' so I have slightly larger incisions and the op took a lot longer than normal. It scared the hell out of my husband who was going out of his mind and couldn't find anyone who knew anything!

I had a slightly traumatic experience on the operating table as no one could get my IV in. They tried 17!!!! times before they managed to get it in me. So I was battered, bruised and looked like a pin cushion. By the time I got onto the table I was having a panic attack so that wasn't so good.

I'm 4 days post op now and doing okay. I came back to the UK today, it was a painful journey but I made it ok.

The care in Belgium was brilliant, I couldn't fault it at all. All of the nurses were very good. I almost ended up staying in hospital an extra night due to my pain levels and my lack of mobility. Luckily I made quite a big improvement on my original day of leaving so I was allowed to go.

I'm still in a fair amount of pain. I'm heading to the doctors tomorrow so I can get a fit note for work and also give them the paperwork from Belgium.

Just so relived it's over! Xxx

Yayyy well done you - sounds eventful but welcome to the losers bench!!!

Ur poor husband, i can imagine how worried he was but thats coz he cares ...rest up mrs!!! U need to take it easy and then u still feel better alot quicker xxxxx

So pleased for u!!! Xx

Back