• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well ive failed! no op for me!

The liver diet is to get rid of glycogen i think and make the liver soft and floppy so it can be moved easily for the op.Im sure you will be fine!

Kirsty, if you stick to the diet now I am convinced you will be OK for the op. Some people stick to the diet but then have a blow-out the night before and the liver gets big again. If it enlarges that quick then I am sure you can reduce it before Wednesday.

They don't check the liver before the op, but I was told that the first thing my surgeon does is put the camera through the first incision to check the liver and would cancel the op if it was not right. I think they say this to frighten you more than anything else.

Just stick to the diet without exception and you will see all the incisions when you wake up in the recovery room.

Good luck hun.

John

hi hun I do not want to read and run and just want to wish you the best of luck with your op. Don't worry about messing up just drink loads of water as when you pee your liver shrinks and like said earlier some people have the op early on cancelations so do not have time to do the pre op at all and all goes ok. It is only to make it easier for the surgeon to get to your stomach but he has tools to lift the liver from small to very large so the op will still go ahead no worries now huh? calm dow drink and look forward to getting it done and knowing your grandad is smiling down on you feeling proud of his grandaughter for doing it. Best wishes hun and lots of virtual hugs, it's going to be ok hun xxxxx

Well done! You have spotted the problem and you have enough time to rectify the situation so that is a really good thing.

As the others have said, draw a line under the last few days, talk to OH and request full support, and get yr head down and go for it. You have no option but to really commit to this now and I'm sure you will as it is so important.

Again, well done for realising you need to get it together again - before it is too late.

Go for it!!! x

you will be fine, just make sure you sort the biggest problem out, that is hubby and his takeaways !!! think it would take a saint to not be able to cave in at that when on the pre-op diet, as all people who have ever done the atkins know the liver sheds its glycogen by day three so if you start back the pre op diet today and stick to it you will be absolutely fine, good luck sweetie, and give that man of yours a good talking to:) tell him you need him on your side xxx

Don't even look at carbohydrates between now and your op. That's what fills the liver with glycogen and each gram of glycogen holds 4 grams of water. You'll be peeing like a fire engine but every time you visit the loo your liver will be shrinking a little bit more. There is time if you do it now. Good luck hun - and tell that hubby of yours to have a heart and eat his takeaway in the shed. Best of luck - let us know how you get on, Mxx

Ive only just seen this thread, and youve had some wonderful advice already.

If you stick to it properly from now you will be absolutely fine. Just stick to the diet you have been given and drink as much water as you can comfortably manage.

If its any consolation, I think the pre-op diet is the toughest part to get your head round. I failed miserably on mine as I was in France for a week of it and caved in when surrounded by croissants, french bread, wine and cheese. I just made sure I followed the diet to the letter when I got back and my liver was nicely shrunk.

i really cant say enough thanks to you guys you have made me feel so much better today so... thank you all xx

Hi!
Good luck with the operation you will be fine! I did ok on the pre-op diet but only the last 5 days prior to it! When the dietician came to see me first and weighed me i told her i was so worried that i had not shrunk my liver and she whispered to me that they will still do the operation whatever the liver is like, and how are they to know what yuor liver was like to begin with! Apparantly it just makes it slightly easier for the surgeon if it is shrunk. Def drink lots and pee lots that does help apparantly!
afterwards you are going to think what was i going on about!! I look back on my posts and i was in a right state over silly things before hand! Good luck let us know how it all goes for you xx

Hey Kirsty just read this mate im sorry about ur grandad hun, im also having mr jain doing mine, stick with it hun and just keep going from now till wendesday, remember hun no food and what ever you do dont say anything about your 4 day blip. Wish you all the luck in the world hunny. Be thinking of you will be at the hospital on thursday for my pre op assesment.:) Look forward to seeing how you go hun:)

Sharon

Good Luck for Weds Hun, you can do it be strong and you will succeed.

RIP to your grandad hun but just remember his spirit will always be with you guiding you and helping you to your goal.

ANN xxxx

My pre op was only 5 days so if you get back on track now you will be fine hun. There are people that don't follow pre op at all and even have a big meal the night before the op.

YOu know you have slipped up but you can be the one that changes it now and turns it round. Then you can look back and proud that you did.

Don't be hard on yourself.
xxxx

Good luck, hope you are managing to stay on track now - just keep telling yourself it's only another couple of days.
x

Good luck chick. We all have little blips now and then. Try and stay positive. x

Hi - I really hope you are feeling better. I also felt for you when I read your message. I did have blips and ended up eating food instead but kept low cal, low fat low carb etc.

I was told that there was a possibility of open bypass instead of keyhole if the liver made the keyhole difficult. But if you have lost weight since your last appointment , I really wouldn't worry

Keep up the good work from now!! and Good Luck for Wednesday - you will not regret it!! :)

Hi Kirsty
I am in exactly the same position, my op is on friday and I started fine on the pre-op but then started panicing on Thursday last week and have been nibbling ever since, not majorly, just cant seem to stop myself picking every now and again. Guess thats why we are having the op hey. I spoke to my dietician and he said as long as I stuck to it from now it should be fine (my op is on Friday), I know it is easier said and done, the closer it gets the more real it is and the more we turn to food for comfort. Be strong, we can do this xx

Back