• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well ive failed! no op for me!

fatbutnot4long

hi guys this is really hard for me too write and im crying my eyes out as i type! my op is on wednesday and im ment to be on my preop diet! well its all gone wrong... i stuck to it for 3 days and lost 7 lbs - great ... then my hubby bought a chinese and i ate that n have been eating ever since! i cant stop as soon as i think ive messed up i do what i do best eat! then today it hit me... ive messed this up at the last stage and all because im scared! what a dick i feel! i cant stop crying! i havent told anybody about it apart from u guys and of corse hubby... but i know theres no point in even goin wednesday... as soon as they open me my liver will be big wont it? i weigh just under 20 stone now and when i first got the referal i was nearly 22 stone! so i have lost and i am commited but when im angry/scared/happy i eat! ive even looked at pills for shrinking the liver but i know ive messed up and thats that! do i ring and tell them? do i not say and let them open me and prey? do i not just go? i feel so lost... and let down by myself... it really hit me today that its this week... so much has happend these 2 weeks that i just wasent thinking how important this was! my grandad passed n hubby just bought take away - made me feel better for a while at the time i spose! now i feel i have let him down as much as myself ... the thing is i dont wana be here anymore if i have to live a life in this fat suite! any advice from you guys will be as always welcome. thanks people xx

Calm Down! Some hospitals don't even ask patients to do a pre-op diet, and if you get back on track now you still have a few days.

Some people naturally have big livers, others don't. Of course in an ideal world we would all stick to the pre-op diet, but one slip up is unlikely to cause a problem. Personally I would not contact the hospital or even let them know, but that is up to you.

Take a deep breathe and get back up on the pre-op horse - don't get too stressed or you are likely to want to eat more.

Everyone panics before the op - it is only natural. If you really feel emotionally all over the place then maybe try to get some support, but don't give up!

thank you. its just ive messed up since i first ate - so ive ate bad 4 4 days - ive still lost but i know thats not what counts! i keep thinking even if i do go they will open me up and just close me up n not do it! i cant believe it! ive never been like this in my life im so obsessed but its making me eat more! i really want this but i think in my heart of hearts i know they will know and say no!

hi guys this is really hard for me too write and im crying my eyes out as i type! my op is on wednesday and im ment to be on my preop diet! well its all gone wrong... i stuck to it for 3 days and lost 7 lbs - great ... then my hubby bought a chinese and i ate that n have been eating ever since! i cant stop as soon as i think ive messed up i do what i do best eat! then today it hit me... ive messed this up at the last stage and all because im scared! what a dick i feel! i cant stop crying! i havent told anybody about it apart from u guys and of corse hubby... but i know theres no point in even goin wednesday... as soon as they open me my liver will be big wont it? i weigh just under 20 stone now and when i first got the referal i was nearly 22 stone! so i have lost and i am commited but when im angry/scared/happy i eat! ive even looked at pills for shrinking the liver but i know ive messed up and thats that! do i ring and tell them? do i not say and let them open me and prey? do i not just go? i feel so lost... and let down by myself... it really hit me today that its this week... so much has happend these 2 weeks that i just wasent thinking how important this was! my grandad passed n hubby just bought take away - made me feel better for a while at the time i spose! now i feel i have let him down as much as myself ... the thing is i dont wana be here anymore if i have to live a life in this fat suite! any advice from you guys will be as always welcome. thanks people xx

Hi Kirsty hun pls take a deep breath and calm down for a min, u have not let urslef or anyone else down at all, we are all having this op as we cant control our food for wat ever reason.
Hun this does not mean no op for you but if ur liver is not shrink enough then the worst outcome is it might have to be delayed for a week.
I am pre op so not experienced and not sure what to tell you. I can honestly say that i have no idea if now following the pre op for 3/4 days if that will be sufficient to shrink ur liver or not. Some hospitals are stricter than others when it comes to the pre op, my hospital are very strict but i have read on here that some hospitals only make peeps stay on the pre op for min for 10 days.
Hun u say u have been eating for 4 days now how many days were u meant to be on the pre op for.
I hope some of the very experienced crew will soon be along to offer u some advice, sorry i cant help you but i did not want to read and run.
(((((big hugs to u))))) take care luv Roch xx

ment to be 11 days but ive messed up 4 4! really messed up and ive only got untill wednesday! :'(

Start again from now and you will be fine, if you really want the op you will do it;)I'm so sorry about your Grandad hun, but do it for a better future for you, he would've wanted that:D
If you stick to the diet to the letter now you will be fine x;)

do you really think so? should i tell them? or just put it behind me and start again? thank you for mentioning my grandad he wanted me to do this thats why its so important 2 me! thanks for the reply x

If they ask, tell them you had a blip in the middle but have been on track since today. Have a chat with hubby now and tell him no more takeaways. Get him to eat his meals in a different room if necessary, he needs to help you through this.

Its down to you Kirsty, if you want to turn this round you can but it means sticking to it 100% from this moment on. No excuses. If you can't do that, then ring them and tell them, don't just not turn up.

hi i have not posted on here for a long time but your post made me really feel for you, i would not say anything to the hospital, you have four days to retrieve the situation i did the same thing as you i was 21 stone, at the start of my pre-op diet and i didnt cheat with mega amounts of food but i did have things i was not allowed my pre-op diet was only 7 days and when mr somers opened me up my liver was fine i think your beating yourself up far too much over this, probably because of grief and worry, i hope you go through with your op as it was the best thing i ever done since the 24th june 2009 i have lost 6 stone that could be you soon,good luck i mean that with all my heart. julie.x

thank you ill do that. do you think i can shrink my liver between now and wednesday? x

thank you so much julie. im goin to stick to it from now - just milk for me and i wont tell them anything. i just prey they open me up and its fine. do they scan your liver before hand or do they just know when they open you? thanks so much for taking the time to post a reply xx

thank you i will try my best! xx

Kirsty, I only did not pre-op diet for 5 days so please don't worry about it. As has already been said some surgeons are so experienced that they don't need you to do the pre-op. From today just stick strictly to the pre-op and you will be back on track for your op.

Think positive from today, we will all support you. I know it is so hard turning to food but honestly once you have had the op you will be so pleased that you at least stuck to it for a few days before the op.

Good luck.

I wasnt even asked to do a pre op diet and they were fine with me! Calm down, dont panic, get lots of water in you and get back on track!

They wont cancel your op or not perform it, the pre op is mainly to make the surgery easier for the surgeon, they will have done the op on people bigger than you and with bigger livers, so i wouldnt worry

xxx

thank you so much guys - really mean it thanks for taking the time to reply! im so scared n just want it to be ok! i know ive messed up myself but i feel so down about it. silly eh when it was me who did it! thanks guys xx

Stop dont panic,re read everything all your pals have said and digest it.You have not failed,god knows this is exactly why we are on this journey in the first place.By the way give that hubby of yours a slap with a wet kipper from me for bringing a take away in the house in the first place!Dont let him sabotage the best present you ever give yourself...Lots of love Maz x

Kirsty love, Don't worry, honestly there is no need. I was offered a last-minute cancellation (I couldn't take it) which would have meant no pre-op diet at all. They don't check your liver and I have not heard of anyone being opened up and then closed again because their liver was too big.

I think the main thing is that you have to get your head around this operation. It is a huge emotional roller coaster and you must be totally committed to it as there is no going back once it is done.

From now on, stick to the diet that they have given you. However hard it is, and it IS hard, after the op you will not be hungry. I had mine 9 days ago and here I am, nibbling on a slice of ham like a skinny bird! But not hungry!

thank you to everyone who posted to me - i have decided not to tell them and go! and hope for the best! i have lost 8lb after all so hopefully its already shrunk a little and if i stick to it for the next 4 days a little bit more cant do any harm eh? i know L&D are strict and im just worried they will open me and then close me up - one of the nurses at my very first appointment told me ' if you dont do the pre-op he will know and shut you straight back up' im hoping this was just a scare tactic. i will let you all know as soon as i can if they do my op or not, i know youll be intrested with the amount ive been cheating and worrying! im not goin to think about it anymore - i know it will be here so fast now! scared.com! thanks again for the replys xx

Back