• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The nerves are starting to kick in.......

Hiya Jenni - I'm going to Dolan Park too. The reason I was told to do 2 weeks was because at my consultation my bmi was 50.1. The surgeon decided that I was better off to do two weeks to be on the safe side I guess.
Ok as for tips.......well the best thing I can suggest is water.....and lot's of it. It really does fill you up and I find that if i'm feeling hungry then a glass of water does the trick. The first 3 days were hard, really really hard but after that you really do get used to it. I just kept it in my head that if I cheated then I ran the risk of going through all this for nothing as the surgeon could refuse to do it.
I did have a bit of a wobble on day 3 but instead of going to the fridge I came on here and called on the support of all the lovely experts lol.
Good luck hun .......you can do it xx
Thanks everyone for your kind messages - your support is really valued xx

Thanks for the advice Donna, I expect I will be asking more questions. What day are you at Dolan Park? I'm there Sunday 22nd.

WOW CONGRATS my god 18lb, iv got all this to come i get a bypass in may june time and i 2 have to do the 2 week run up to diet. Hope i loose as much as you do lol What are you eating ??? come on give me a heads up on what iv got to look forward to lol xXx

wow thats great hun i was only on pre op for 6 days lol and only lost 12lb xxx

I was feeling really brave up until today but now i'm getting scared :( I'm not scared of having the band....or living with it, it's the actual op that's scaring me.
By saturday I will be back home and it will all be over but until then has anyone got any words of wisdom for me????? Does anyone care to share their experiences with me?
One great thing though.......this morning's weigh in made me 21lbs lighter than this time 12 days ago!!!!! woo hooooooo

Hi Donna

I can completely understand why you are scared, I was too. I think it's the whole anaesthetic thing and just generally the unknown. i'm sure you will be absolutely fine, just focus on the positives and the fact that in only a few days you will be over the worst and on the road to a new you. I'm now 2 months post op and so far so good! Fantastic weight loss so far by the way!

There is no need to worry chick it will all work out fine and you will look back and wonder what the fuss was about....good luck and think positive about the changes that will come with it to make your life better...x

donna you will be fine, its perfectly normal to feel this way, and most people on here will of felt the same emotions as you are now, you have to stay positive, congratulations on the weight loss so far.

liz x

You are going through very natural emotions, so don't beat yourself up over it, just think how good you will feel, when that 21lbs weightloss doubles :D

Congratulations on that, that's a brilliant start:)

hiya,
i felt the same but u will be fine and wonder why u have worked yrself up..good luck and we look forward to seeing u on the banded side lol

I felt the same and cried myself to sleep in the hospital bed the night before my op

Thats just how i felt a few days ago...but now ive got it out my system, i cant wait for the 27th march to arrive!! Good luck!

Way to go Donna 1 and a 1/2 stone already thats fantastic. You will be fine Donna. It's just a natural feeling of anxiety that we all go through when we are entering the unknown. This is needed and the sooner the better in getting it over with. Take care x Gaynor x

Fantastic weight loss Donna - I will be happy with half that. I too am nervous as well as excited, I think it's normal - your imagination runs away with you doesn't it. (At least mine does).

Hi Donna
I just had my band fitted last Tuesday 10 Mar, few tips for the day
Make sure that you have good book, magazines to read. I checked into hospital at 8am and did not go down till 3pm. It was very straighforward. I stayed up late for the 2 nights before so that I was pretty tired. Try not to be anxious whilst it is a general its not like there cutting you up inside. I had shoulder pain for 3 days and then fine on sat and no painkillers since saturday morning. Went to docs on Monday which was 6 days post op and wounds are fine and I don't need dressings on them anymore. Fantastic performance on the pre op diet- You'll be fine

Cheers

James

Back