• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The nerves are starting to kick in.......

yes i agree, your doing this for YOU not them, there either ignorant as sam has said, stupid or jellous, im glad your feeling positive about having your band and thats whats important.

liz x

I am sure you will get plenty of advice, I did not have time to do a pre op but did not want to read and run...good luck with it and we are all here to support you through every step...focus on the fact if your on this diet your operation date is very near by!!..xx

I agree with Sam it is ignorance and thats the reason I have told no one in work...they have their mind set on something they dont understand and it would take me forever to keep explaining it.....your doing this for you and you only have to read the stories on here to know its the right choice...xx

Thanks girls....your so right. But it boils down to that age old saying.....if you have nothing nice to say......don't say anything at all *sigh*
It does make me a bit cross that these people think they have some god given right all of a sudden to push their opinions onto others!!!

That's great - thank you.
Do you think it sounds about right if I have 2 pints of milk, 2 litre's of other drinks (water/juice/tea & coffee) and 2 yoghurts each day???

Hi donna i had 4 pints of skimmed milk and 2 low fat low sugar yogurts and free fluids. i found it easier to make half milk half water milky coffees.
hth
hc

I had 2 pints and 2 yoghurts, as I wanted to have semi, not skimmed, so yes, should be fine :)

mine was 3 pints semi, 2 mullerlights and an oxo cube each day. Plus free fluids of no added sugar squash, diluted juice tea, coffee ect

Day 3 of the pre op diet

And I'm having a wobble which is why I am posting here instead of going to the fridge lol.
Day one was ok .......but had the headache from hell. Yesterday was tempting but I managed to resist everything and good old fashioned will power won!!!!! And today is the same.......I know I will be fine ...and it's no more hellish than the cambridge diet was but I get moments when even foods I normally hate sound appealing lol.
Oh well onwards and upwards as they say..........I can't wait to have my band fitted and i'm counting down the days..............

Good on you for comming here and resisting the call of the fridge xx

Focus on your end goal Donna, think about the surgery and what it means. Cheating on the pre-op diet could mean that they open you up and then refuse to do your surgery! It happens, and for me, that is a huge incentive to stay focused.

Any time you get tempted have a drink, it will help you feel full and help with the headache.

just thinkofit as a means to an end. your day will be here before you know. make sure you drink plenty of water to ward off the headaches and hunger.
hc

donna i found when i did the milk pre op that making milky coffee with half milk half water hit the spot for me and meant thet i got a good mug of fluid every hour.
good luck
hc

you've already been given lots of good advice Donna so I cant really add any more. Just stay strong hun and keep your goal in mind.

xx

stay strong hun, it will all be worth it I promise you x x x

you have had lots of advice here already, i did the half milk half water coffee as well, still do as it helps me keep my milk content up. One thing the headache if you still have it will be dehydration, the more fluid you drink the less likely you are to have it

Back