• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The NHS process

Hi
I went to seminar first after GP referred me. They never told me to lose weight at seminar but they more than likely will at the consultant appointment next week. What hospital are you going thought. I checked the process and apparently I attend consultant app then they give you a weight loss target ,then you get a weight follow up appointment to make sure you have lost the weight, then you have endoscopy , then go on waiting list then you have another weight loss appointment if at any time you don't hit target you have to see a counsellor etc then go back to the weight loss appointments. This is Sunderland ls process but every hospital is different.

I received a booklet at the seminar and also the surgeon explained the process, kept emphasising on the weightloss and that if we don't lose weight we will not be able to have it basically, I hoping they don't ask for like 2st, I mean I can lose that but I'll never maintain it for long :-(

at heartlands i had seminar and surgeon same day im opping next month had no other appointments only pre op assessment to come had no endoscopy or nothing so was quite lucky

thats good news at least a step in the right direction and time flies by

Hi Went really well thanks, got to go to support group twice in the next 2months thrn she will send me to aintree liverpool to see the surgeon, she said it could take up to 18 mths buf she said im 25% of the way there and she will make it as quick as she can x

Ah that's great, it's weird how the process is different in each hospital! My app with dietician and consultant is this Thursday , then the next appointment is a weight check up so I don't know how long it will be in between.

At my hospital a bmi of 50+ does not automatically grant you surgery but also the wait is only 6 months if you get surgery. Good luck ladies x

Yeah lots of diff process, my appointment is tomorrow to talk about my weight loss history, I'm a bit nervous now.

good luck for tomorrow you will do fine

I just hope the weightloss target isn't too much for me to lose

normally between 5/10%

Well my appointment went great, they said I'm the perfect candidate, blood pressure is perfect, bloods fine I've been told I have to lose 11lb in 3 months then I have an appointment with the surgeon. I've been told I should have my op by Nov/Dec this year as I have no other health problems. I'm really happy with the outcome. Now to tackle this 11lb

Fantastic news Lucy wd 11lb in 3 months that's a great target and very do-able too ..... get that diary started :) x x x well on your way now hun x x x

thats great news and the 11 will soon fade away

Yeah I've got to keep the. 11 lb off right until day of surgery if at any time I put on weight I will be discharged so it's really important for me to do it. So treadmill on Monday, no more takeaways or crisps etc, cutting them all out as I can lose weight quick but I find it hard keeping it off , it's basically 1lb a week to lose. They also said they will take gall bladder out at the same time if needs be. So I need to be 118kg I feel to be safely under my target I'm 125kg at the moment.

Back