• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The NHS process

Thanks, good luck, you sound the same as me...... Can lose weight but struggle to keep it off x

It's so bloody hard!!! I lost 6st but put it all back on which is why I really need this, what stage are you at with surgery ?

Im at the very beginning, just had one app with the dietician, will be referred to aintree liverpool in june she said, just cant wait now, keep thinking next years holiday i WILL be slimmer and go in the swimming pool lol x

Im at the very beginning, just had one app with the dietician, will be referred to aintree liverpool in june she said, just cant wait now, keep thinking next years holiday i WILL be slimmer and go in the swimming pool lol x

Yeah I said to my bloke next summer I could be size 14!!!! Lol I'm going to have to go swimming with kids this summer, dreading being in a swimming dress but I can't let my kids down, plus I'll never see them people a again.

Exactly, thats what i think, dont mind as much abroad but i really want to go swimmimg now but scared of seeing somebody i know!! Weirdly enough i cant wait for my date and to start lsd!! X

Hi I am from Portsmouth which no doubt has a different system from other cities.

I saw my GP about my weight must be about three years ago he refered me to the life/bodymorph program which i have since found out was a probible tier 3 weightloss program, i did that for a total of 24 weeks and think i lost just under one stone. and was discharged from them.

For as long as i remember at least the last 14 or so years I have belonged to vairious weightloss programme and still do belong to one of them. I saw my gp at the beginning of march again about my weight and he said he would be happy to refer me to the bariatric physicia, so had a a letter to make the appointment with her which is on the 8th of april and was also booked on to a info/ seminar run by a dietitian for the month afte which is the 8th may. I am hoping this is the start of me trying to get weight loss surgery and the new me.

I will be 34 years old in may and have a bmi of 48

The Waiting game

Hi,
I was referred by my GP for wl surgery two weeks ago. I have a letter to attend a weight loss seminar next week. What happens after this? Do I have to see a dietitian, what is the process,my doctor didn't seem to know what hurdles I have to jump to be funded? I hate the unknown lol any advice would be,u h appreciated x

Ahhh, Lucy,

it all depends on where you live, like a postcode lottery!!!!! All Health Authorities seem to have their own systems. I am too struggling as to what to do, no one seems to want to share information in the hospitals. So, as I read earlier from someone (sorry forgot name) I've learnt to just bob along, make the odd phone call to the Bariatric Secretary, being awfully nice, but dim, and try not to worry too much. I'm also using this time, in limo, to get myself fitter, I go water workout twice a week and walking most days, even if I've only got time to go around the block. Some is better than none right? Don't get me wrong, I still have bad moments, as I don't have any idea as to time, or if I'm having a bypass, or sleeve!!!!!

Good luck to you, keep in contact on here for your support, you'll be fine.....

Good luck to you NatClaire, I am with Alexandra, Portsmouth Hospitals, I too have been through the Tier 3, Weigh Ahead Programme. I successfully lost the required ten per cent of my excess weight, got the referral, but since then, everything has s-l-o-w-e-d down. Started course May 2013, completed November 2013, letter received for two appointments in January 2014, dietician and surgeon, March appointment, second dietician appointment, April anaesthetist appointment (next week). So... the waiting game continues, however the gossip is that they are waiting for additional funding.

Good luck to you, I'll keep you posted, I hope you keep me posted too

I originally asked my gp about being refered back to the life morph programme but after emailing them my self was told that they weren't accepting new referrals and that a new program was starting in September, told my gp this he said its there speak as thr funding has been cut.

I work in the hospital where they do the wls operations and so get to see patients as they go in. I am hoping the process doesnt take to long but who knows!!! On the funding front its the start of the new financial year so who knows we may have more luck on the funding front.

I have my appointment with the bariatric physician tomorrow and really don't know what to expect!!!! If its the woman I think it is then I have seen her walking around at work and she seems ok will keep you informed.

Back