• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The only people who will understand!!

love this thread - i hope I'm in your position soon

love this thread - i hope I'm in your position soon

Hope you'll get there soon xx

I'm getting bored with crossing my legs now - I need a new minor achievement to get overly excited about!!

(There are times I wish I was a puppy, they get excited about ANYTHING!!)

Yesterday sitting in the car I had great fun just pulling the seat belt wayyy out in front of me whilst it was fastened. I sat there chuckling to myself as I pulled it to and fro....a year ago it was stretched tight over me and I was contemplating a belt extender! Hehehe I just love these moments of success recognition :)

The little things in life that others take for granted....I will look out for an easy chair next time I am in a coffee shop!

My Little Victories:
I have had to move my car seat forward 3 inches.
I got my seatbelt fastened on the plane in May - a bit of tugging was involved, but it fastened!
Also, I sat (rather I felt like I slinked into) an M&S restaurant chair with someone in the chair behind me!!! wooooo hooo.
I now go shopping without a coat.
I got a couple of size 20 tops of the normal clothes racks not the fat clothes.
I fit into some of my sisters size 16-18 dresses and tops (don't ask me how - they must be uber stretchy fabric)....

Lovin it!

ooh and sat on a (wait for it) ......

folding chair ....

at the caravan site a couple of weeks ago for the first time ever! Even got up out of it without it coming with me... ;0D

Oh my god! I have loved readi g this post. I rally thought it was just me who avoided all these things. I'm the biggest amongst my family & friends and when ever we go anywhere I am always thinking about access tables,booth fixed chairs etc.. Can't wait to just be able to go anywhere and not worry xx

Just don't uncross them too much, there seems to be a few on here who got pregnant after the op! :D

If I became pregnant I'd need to head off to Israel and find a stable!

Oh my god! I have loved readi g this post. I rally thought it was just me who avoided all these things. I'm the biggest amongst my family & friends and when ever we go anywhere I am always thinking about access tables,booth fixed chairs etc.. Can't wait to just be able to go anywhere and not worry xx

I sooooooo understand that. If ever a group of us went out my main concern would be getting the chair that would be the least problem as I couldn't tuck it in very much!

Great thread.
Going into a supermarket and buying 38inch waist trousers for 6 quid, not that I needed them just because they fitted :)
Looking younger, or so ladies keep telling me
Fitting chairs and seats

I have lost 9 stone starting fron 25 just before my op in January '13. Was 54 inch waist.

I am sitting in the coffee shop in the department shop in town with a daft grin on my face. Why? Because I sat in an easy chair, put my coffee down ........ and crossed my legs. No big deal to many people but its over 20 years since I've been able to do that!!

If I didn't have a hair appointment booked for 1pm I'd sit here all afternoon crossing and in crossing my legs. OK, bit of an exaggeration :-D

I can't wait for the day I can cross my legs, I am so jealous lol x

Great thread.
Going into a supermarket and buying 38inch waist trousers for 6 quid, not that I needed them just because they fitted :)
Looking younger, or so ladies keep telling me
Fitting chairs and seats

I have lost 9 stone starting fron 25 just before my op in January '13. Was 54 inch waist.

Wow, fabulous loss!! Well done x

Back