• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The worst insult

Something which is still strong in my mind is from a few years ago. I was on a bus full of people and I stood to get up and get off. A little girl was sat with her Mum (who I might add was as large as me). The little girl said in a very loud voice, 'Cor she's a big fat cow ain't she Mum'. The embarassment was awful I couldn't wait to get off.

There are many for me, but the one that sticks in my mind that was particularly hurtful was my ex boss.
He had asked one of his friends to help him do some work at the care home i managed...I got out of my car and he shouted " just sayin to Karl Nadine...They dont weigh you in pounds its Tonnes isnt it?"
I could have died!!!
Another one that was said to a friend of mine who was my equal weight wise was......When riding her bike she stopped at the traffic lights, when a man in the car next to her shouted" Ive seen it all now!! an elephant riding a bike!! the ******!

I was often bullied about my weight when i was at school so i stopped eating and so they started bullying me about my dad dying instead...kids can be cruel...

i think the worse thing i have heard is my ex's new gf calling me shamu - its not the insult that bothers me but if someone is going to do it they should do it too your face not behind your back, at least then you can retain some dignity with a witty answer.

Mmmmm yes i agree Nadine....but just imagine if you had been given the chance lol.

I was bullied at school and was once encouraged by my sister after putting up with a certain girl bullying me constantly for the best part of a year to turn on her. I worried so much about doing something about it, but one day on the park the girl started on me again, and because my sister was there she started shouting at me to hit her....i started to cry and out of sheer anger i attacked her in the sand pit lol.....we had a right fight, the only fight i have ever had in my life.....but needless to say i gave her what for and she never did it again and was always very kind to me after that haha xxxx

Good for you hun......Ive always been a bit aggressive so never had to be encouraged to defend myself x

Ive never had comments to my face and I think its because Im so loud and outgoing that whoever would have said something, knows I would have gone to town on them!
At work since I got slimmer they have called me fatty ;) And now Im pregnant thats increased 10 fold. The main culprit is one of my best mates who is a size 8 and it now pregnant herself...she's always got me calling her fatty now too ;) I love it :) Hehe

Mine are not really vile insults, just hurt me to the core...

I overheard my dad saying to someone "oh yes, she is a BIG girl" (he subsequently denied he was talking about me, but he 100% was :().

YEARS ago when I was only about 21 and probably a size 16 I got admiring looks as I drove up to park outside a shop, from two young men but then I got out and they said "OMG forget it, look at the STATE of it" :mad: I guess from the chest up I was deceiving!

Only a couple of years ago I was walking the 200 yards home from yet another WW attempt, having lsot 7.5lbs in my first week only to pass a gang of teenagers who all made derogatory remarks as I walked through them. :cry: I just ran home sobbing :cry:

People are SO cruel, I am so relieved that already I don't get ANY negative comments, people no longer stare at me and I feel so much more confident...it means so much to me to feel almost normal, even at the size I still am.

I may have mentioned this before, anyway, a couple of years ago (at my heaviest 23+ stones) I got myself a bike, had not riden seriously since I was a child. The main motivation was to get some exercise and my children both had bikes and wanted to go out riding, I stood no chance of keeping up with them on foot, so I figured "IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM JOIN THEM" and got on my bike.

Well, the rude comments from total strangers, mostly men was awful, and I had to put on my full siut of amour to sheild myself from the nastiness of folks.

Men double taking, pointing and laughing and gesturing. One day we rode past a group of teenaged lads who started laughing and making comments, I got off my bike walked back to them and said "What, do you lot want to come and take my kids riding? well shut your mouths and leave me be, I did not trouble any off you, so just leave me alone" I was livid, I gave them a few other choice words too that I won't say her, but needless to say they apologised with the quickness> I then hoisted myself back up on the bike and gave them my butt as I cycled away. I was livid!

I get really ignorant when silly fools mess with me, low tolerance for Bull*hit!

Beverlie said:
Insensitive b........ and I'd have said to the 'warrant officer'... ''I'm reporting you for further training''... Kelly, that's not what you want to hear at a time of such loss.

How I wish I could be quick off the mark with a good 'one liner' Stella.. maybe we could devise one and memorise it since I don't retaliate at all if I'm put down, I think I have just got that used to taking it... but as I've got older... I can turn the other cheek more easily that when I was younger...

Love and healing hugs to everyone, we are all worth much more than this xxx

Bev I practiced that line in preparation for ignorant people I was always encountering. I loved the quote from Churchill when he was a bit tipsy and a lady said " sir, if you were my husband I'd poison you" he replied "madam if you were
My wife I'd drink it"!

I'm very lucky in that I haven't experienced any bullying or nasty comments but my weight gain has been fairly recent being just the last 9 years since my son was born. I did have a real barny with one of my friends sisters. I was talking about hoping for WLS with my friend and 2 other mums who knew me from school, one is quite large and the other had lost 1.1/2 but was saying that she had started to put it back on. The sister chirped up with the very helpful comment that not everyone was meant to be slim and I wasn't that overweight ??!! I asked her how much she weighed and she said 8 stones. My reply was that I weigh 17 stones and we are the same height so why was it okay for her to be slim and healthy and not me ? She then told me that I would never weigh 8 stone as I was too big framed. Off home I went and came back with photos of me from before Raistlin was born, size 10-12 and weighing 8.1/2 - 9 stone. Her response .... oh you do look better slim ! Skinny and stupid .. poor cow !!!

I always remember my dad saying I need a wide load sticker for my arse which my 2 brothers heard him say and said it to me gular after that... Usually when sum1 was there to make themselves look good.

I used to dread goin to my grandads bcos he always used to tell Me how fat I was and how much I needed to diet, which just made me more depressed and made me turn to food lol

I remember when I first joined this site me and me mum was at mcd's and these lads was pulling into my space that I was pulling out of and one of them shouts thru back window " mcd's is that way luv" as takin piss because I was at a food place and I'm big...arsehole

Noticed it's usually a group of lads when it's on the street? Trying to look good infront of there mates.

God help them if I did giv it em bk bcoz being braught up fighting with 2 brothers that's also big I don't think they'd stand a chance... Luckily for them
I'm just not like that xx

There really are some ignorant arseholes about. Why do they think they are so funny when they mock soemone who is big. My brother was a classic smart arse and I always felt embarassed and humiliated. Turns out now we don't speak no-one who knows him likes him and thinks he is a self opinionated t***! Pity none of them ever stuck up to him for me eh? He's not the only one though I do agree it's mainly males who make the comments. Well you know the saying 'his brains are in his pants'. Present company not included lads!!!!

The thing is you hear all this these people make these comments to make themselves feel good Bull ****! I'd never do it and I dare say 99.9% of posters on hee wouldn't get any pleasure out of hurting soemone what so ever.

Linski xxx

the worst for me was when my daughter was at hairdressing collage, the tutor said to me "it's a waste of time for her as no one will employ her because she is to fat, not her fault i see it runs in the family" .
another what i think was a funny time was when i was walking down the street two lads behind me wolf-whistled at me, when i turned round one said "not you fatty".

I got a lot of passing car comments, some of which rendered me housebound. But then I went through my aggressive phase, I actually followed one bloke into a bookies after he insulted me, resulting in him being barred from there after I gave him a mouthful. One of my better days, but not one of his!!!!!

I went to see my mother one day just after my second son was born. I had new born baby & a 14 month old son too, at the time. I was shattered so turned up devoid of any make-up, my mother said "just because your fat doesn't mean you have to let yourself totally go". This was in reference to fact I had no make-up on & my hair tied back in ponytail!!

I've actually had someone create a false facebook account against me completely slating me across the wall..was not very pleasant can't believe how cruel some people can be..i think the one that stung the most, even though it was probably the least offensive,was calling me a beached whale. Truly unpleasant! Makes you question what kind of karma you have for someone to go to that much trouble. What's worse is they added everyone from my work as friends and were inboxing me the abuse just incase i didn't get the message!

Some times it's hard being the bigger person. Literally!

Just need to stay positive and think forwards.

Back