• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The worst insult

I was called two ton tessie and that was one of the nicest things I was called! My sister was also slim so there was always the comments of the fat one and the thin one and its a shame you arent slim like your sister. Ignorant people, at school I was tormented until I bettered the ringleader who was a boy and then no-one dared called me names again lol :D It shows how hurtful the comments are when after all these years we still remember them, some of mine were over 35 years ago!! XX

Go on jacqui....you did right love, i did the same haha. xxx

i think the most hurtful thing that has ever been said to me was by a guy recently at the bar where i always go he stood right up close to me and said at the top of his voice in front of all his mates " look you could slap those thighs and ride the waves" he then proceeded to tell me that it was a dam shame that i was so fat cos i actually have a very pretty face." i dont actually condone violence but i had, had a few so i punched him. i wouldnt even care i saw him with a girl later in the evening and she was not a small person herself so he was obviously trying to be clever in front of his mates. people can be so cruel.

In all honesty there were only two incidents i remember...

One was my uncle (favourite actually) who always used to say ''whorro fatty'' when i arrived at my grandparents house! He thought he was funny, looking back he was a dickhead calling a 14yr old girl who weighed 10 stone fat...

Second time was walking past some young lads (teenagers) who just laughed a lot. They could have been laughing at me, or something else. But i felt humiliated and went on to lose 83lb in 9 months (very strict dieting i might add) - then promptly got pregnant and put it all back on again lol xx

There has been too many to mention really. But a few that stick out in my mind are:

- The night before my brother's wedding (which i was bridesmaid) i was staying at my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's aunts house and i heard them both talking after i had gone to bed about me about how fat i was and how it was "such a shame, cause she is such a stunner"

- When i was at school lads used to say to me "Emma, if only you werent so fat, i would go out with you"

- On my birthday last August i went to Toby Carvery with my mum, dad and brother and as we were waiting in the line to get the food one woman looked over and said to her husband "Oh my f$$$ing god, look at that fat mess" - i was so upset i cant even tell you, and my mum went storming over there and had such a go at her that the whole pub was staring! lol!!

My dad always used to say that my butt was so big he could rest a tray on the ledge also, i think he ment it to be a joke but it still hurt. xxxxxxx

i also had various car comments, and ones off my brother who was tall and slim and the ones at school that if I were thin they would go out with me I was mortified as i had a crush on this particular lad!and cried for days. I also have a couple more to add. I was about 21 many moons ago and went to a night club with a group of friends. As we approached all my mates were let in and the bouncers stopped me and said sorry your not pretty enough to go in and you wont pull anyway!! All my mates went in and left me! infornt of a crowd who were all laughing at me. I was mortified!! but what he didnt know was my uncle was the head bouncer and lets just say i hope he hated signing in the next day with a black eye. And my other one is I had to go and interview a police officer at our local nick and as soon as i walked in the door and asked for a certain officer the desk sergeant peeped into a doorway and said" sorry mate shes a fat ugly f**k dont bother(dont think he realised i heard him)well i don't know how i kept the tears back and needed this interview for my coursework. I never even told my parents and maybe i should as ive carried it around for years.

Talking about this.... Guess what happened today! Went in superdrug to pick some slim fast up and there was this guy who worked there bent down at the side of me stocking shelves but I recon he was tryin to chat this very pretty blonde bird up who was workin on till, anyway as I walked passed him I could see him mouthing summat to this girl so I turned bk and he was laughing then, as I was walking to the till I got this look from the girl then she like looked bk at that lad asif tryin not to laught? I could tell the joke was obviously on me. I dint say owt tho I just walked out. Id av been more embarresed causing a scene if I had have.

I've had more incident like this than you can shake a stick at!!

What hurts mostly for me is the fact that strangers (and they're mostly male) feel they have the right to insult you and don't give a stuff about the consequences. I truly hope karma will bite them on the butt.

Another thread got me thinking about the worst thing I have heard someone say to someone who is overweight.

Many years ago, at a family gathering an older family friend of my parents was greeting everyone on entering the room.

My cousin (Who is a BIG man) came in and spotting him she shouted at the top of her voice (broad Jamaican accent) "Ohhhhhh look at you, you could fry in your own fat"

Well, the room fell deathly quiet, my cousin tried to laugh it off and make light of the insensitive comment, but I was livid and told her in no uncertain terms just how rude she was!

whats the worst thing someone said to you or someone you know?

A lot of older Jamaicans are like that. Thankfully they're dying out and the new generation of oldies are a little more discreet.

WHat did the woman say when you had a go at her?

i also had various car comments, and ones off my brother who was tall and slim and the ones at school that if I were thin they would go out with me I was mortified as i had a crush on this particular lad!and cried for days. I also have a couple more to add. I was about 21 many moons ago and went to a night club with a group of friends. As we approached all my mates were let in and the bouncers stopped me and said sorry your not pretty enough to go in and you wont pull anyway!! All my mates went in and left me! infornt of a crowd who were all laughing at me. I was mortified!! but what he didnt know was my uncle was the head bouncer and lets just say i hope he hated signing in the next day with a black eye. And my other one is I had to go and interview a police officer at our local nick and as soon as i walked in the door and asked for a certain officer the desk sergeant peeped into a doorway and said" sorry mate shes a fat ugly f**k dont bother(dont think he realised i heard him)well i don't know how i kept the tears back and needed this interview for my coursework. I never even told my parents and maybe i should as ive carried it around for years.

OMG!!!! :eek: :eek: I'm speechless.

Think we've all had the car comments or the comments from teenagers. I think the one thing I hate is its knocked my confidence so much. I avoid going out now, I have lost friends because I make excuse after excuse not to go to the pub etc. When I did I was always looking for someone to be laughing at me or looking.

One thing I want is to have the confidence to walk down the road and not get that feeling of dread when walking past builders, teenagers etc and knowing there is going to be a comment.

I love dancing and next new years eve I am going to go out and going to dance the night away... happy!!!

I thought id add to this because iv just got off the bus and someone paid me a compliment but then turned it round on its head , she was saying how well i looked and i said i had had WLS she then told me how everyone used to comment on how big i was !! but that im stunning and always looked nice , Well thats ok then ??? feel a bit upset now. I have to say she is the first to say that to me although i always knew people would think it but to know they sat and discussed...mad !! xxx

Going on the police story, I had a similar experience with some firemen. We had then visit my work place, they were in the library having tea I had served them. I left the room and I heard them laughing at me sating 'did you see the size of her?' etc and a lot worse. Possibly would explain why I don't hero worship them like other women do.

I've always been mums baby elephant.. but now she understands that it sometimes upsets me not so much these days. I'm her kitten, cos I've always been cat like.

I don't remember much other than fat cow stuff at school but in the street I've been called Grotbags, Miss Piggy, Weeble, and had things thrown at me like beer cans or glasses from outside bar areas. Been told to go on a diet and also had some people say out loud "watch your food she might eat it". I get barked at when I wear my cat ears too.

People are strange.

Edit: Just reading that police story.. I got told by a copper once that I couldn't have been raped cos no one would touch me with a barge pole. I just ran out the station. At 17 that's not what you want to hear.

I've always been mums baby elephant.. but now she understands that it sometimes upsets me not so much these days. I'm her kitten, cos I've always been cat like.

I don't remember much other than fat cow stuff at school but in the street I've been called Grotbags, Miss Piggy, Weeble, and had things thrown at me like beer cans or glasses from outside bar areas. Been told to go on a diet and also had some people say out loud "watch your food she might eat it". I get barked at when I wear my cat ears too.

People are strange.

People are just plain cruel! X

Edit: Just reading that police story.. I got told by a copper once that I couldn't have been raped cos no one would touch me with a barge pole. I just ran out the station. At 17 that's not what you want to hear.[/QUOTE]

How discraceful! i hope you reported him for that. These men and women don't actually realise what they do to peoples confidence when they pass comments for a "laugh" especially when you are young. When i see those people today on the likes of facebook etc i just wish i could tell them how much they affected my life by being so cruel but they are probably so dumb they won't even remember!

I didnt report him unfortunately. Not the kind of thing you think about so young

Couple of weeks ago after I found out that I'm on the waiting list (hopefully still there) I was super happy sharing these news with my few colleagues. The first thing what I heard was (from the biggest one of them saying): Oh,after you will get that op done I will become officially the fattest in our office. I felt like I wanted to hit her,but I just laughed into her face saying something like ,what does make her think that she isn't one already. I know it wasn't the best thing for me to do,but I felt so angry at her ...
sorry for my English :)

Back