• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking ahead?

beepbeepcat

So I decided to start preparing some meals ready for when I come out of hospital. I made a delicious vegetable stew the middle of the week and had a small half portion left so I decided to blend it up and water it down.
Simple but definitely comfort food....Onion, peas, parsnip,swede, carrots beef stock cube.

I put them in some small containers to which I've managed to stretch.... two 100 ml pots three 200 ml pots and three 300 ml pots thinking that this would be a good idea for when I come out of hospital.

what sort of size meals do you start off having and how regularly per day?

Is this a good meal?

Sounds good but don't do too much as my tastes changed so much I had to bin all the things I'd prepared (Fish pie cauli cheese chicken casserole) I even went off my cuppas and I was and am now a 15+ cups a day person, luckily my tastes returned to normal around 3 months out :)

I was always advised a pot the size of a Muller Light yogurt. I still use this guide and bought a load of pots that are suitable for freezing. Think I got some from Poundland of all places and they're the best ones.

I always have pots available in the freezer for my lunches. If I do a roast for the family, I'll plate up an extra portion, whizz it all up together and I get about 8 pots out of a plate full. I also batch bake fish pie, lentils/halloumi, veg chilli etc.

i was told to freeze food in ice cube trays, was lucky if I could manage two at the outset also as the other lady had posted, your taste buds change, I too threw out a lot of food, Good luck on your journey.

Back