• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

this world can be so unfair

pinkprincess77

I had my op 3 weeks ago today. Whilst I was in hospital I met a lady who had been in hospital for weeks because she couldn't keep food down. They were feeding her through a pipe.

After investigations they said there was a narrowing in the enterance to her stomach. The second day I was in they operated on her and told her they'd done like a mini bypass but removed the remaining stomach like they do with a sleeve.

I feel so sorry for her because they never told her that she would have to change her diet for the rest of her life ect. She was saying to be I'm hoping I'll be able to eat tomorrow, I didn't have the heart to tell her different. They sent her for the leak test and that didn't sound good because fluid was going into the new stomach ok but not leaving.

Today I have heard the terrible news that they have diagnosed her with termjnal stomach cancer and she as 6 months max. Please excuse my language but what a b@stard that disease is.

It make me sick how all the decent people in life get this ***** delt to them. Yet druggies, murders and rapists ect seem to get away with it.

I for one don't believe in this 'its gods will' *****, I'm sorry if my views offend anyone but everyone is entitled to them. I'd like to know why the hell the best people in life always go first.

I have nothing but admiration for both her and karlos's strength despite they're terrible news. Much love to anyone who is suffering or as stuffered with cancer xx

Hi Lynsey, cancer is a terrible disease, which unfortunately touches all of us at some time in our lives. It does not discriminate, but we are making leaps in the treatment of it. I know that possible wont change the outcome of the lady you met in hospital, but it does give us hope that one day, we will kick cancers ass!

You are right, it is horrible and random with who it affects. my mother in law had breast cancer fo rthe third time, despite having gone through a lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy she had a masectomy yesterday. it is so upsetting to see, her confidence is in shreads - she is a very private person and now feels everyone will "know" as it is something so visable. I hate seeing her go through this

Cancer can shake your confidence, it's a cliche but its a life changer. Having gone through breast cancer myself and all the lovely treatments that go with it, I tried really hard not to let cancer define me as a person. I hope your mother-in-law a speedy recovery. X

My Dad died of cancer on fathers day this year just 8 weeks and 2 days after being diagnosed.
Its an awful cruel disease

My Dad died of cancer on fathers day this year just 8 weeks and 2 days after being diagnosed.
Its an awful cruel disease

Omg that is awful. I am so sorry for your loss. Many of my family have died from cancer including my aunty who died of breast cancer at 28 years old. My grandad was told he had a groin strain and was sent home. A few days later he went out to celebrate my dads birthday with him. My grandad said he was going home for a nap and then would go back out later. My dad went to check on him and found his dad had passed away on the kitchen floor. It turned out he had bowel cancer.

So sorry once again for you loss. Sending love and hugs xx

Back