• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

this xmas be so different

BEXS99

Loves this site x
hiya i cant believe this xmas be so different, maybe i will be in a little black dress that i have always dreamed of being in. Due to have bypass next month, not had date yet, but hope to loss abit of weight before xmas xx:family2:

That would be nice! Me and you both.

My friend made me think about Chirstmas a couple of days ago, as for many ways it will be different for me this year. But food wise will be so interesting. I admit we ate too many party foods in the past, easy to stick in the oven sausage rolls and Chinese party packs, lots of chocies for presents etc.

This year we will have to find some healthy snacks and watch out if we go out entertaining - another learning curve for us post oppers and our first Christmas. Not that I am food obsessed - Much!

And why are we talking Christmas in July?!!!

August even!

haha thats be love xmas, and with xfactor on nearly till then just had a thought tonight girls xx

hiya i cant believe this xmas be so different, maybe i will be in a little black dress that i have always dreamed of being in. Due to have bypass next month, not had date yet, but hope to loss abit of weight before xmas xx:family2:

You and me both kiddo - I have just received my letter confirming my date for surgery next month (26th of September) so we could both be out shopping for a "little something" for Christmas. :D Good luck. x

im a xmas lover to , my ops 28th sept but luckily i have a new baby grandaughter who il enjoy more than the food this year! i hope! lol,

As a 20 month post opper, Christmas is now about dancing, partying and enjoying being with the family and NOT taken up by thoughts of food - such a liberating experience. I do have a small Christmas dinner but I'm not eating throughout the day and feeling bloated and tired which was how I was pre opp. I love the pre-christmas run up shopping for sexy little numbers and absolutely love the work social christmas scene. I spent too long dreading the parties and looking like an old granny in my stretch nylon dress!

I've been thinking about Christmas too!!

I will be three and a half months post op by then and am very excited that I wont be the one sitting around watching everyone enjoy the fun and games..

We also have a little grand daughter who will be 14months onld ( they were all poorly last Christmas) and our little girls will be 8, cant wait for Santa this year!!!!!!!!!:family2:

That would be nice! Me and you both.

My friend made me think about Chirstmas a couple of days ago, as for many ways it will be different for me this year. But food wise will be so interesting. I admit we ate too many party foods in the past, easy to stick in the oven sausage rolls and Chinese party packs, lots of chocies for presents etc.

This year we will have to find some healthy snacks and watch out if we go out entertaining - another learning curve for us post oppers and our first Christmas. Not that I am food obsessed - Much!

And why are we talking Christmas in July?!!!

When I saw this post (and the one correcting July to August) my first thought was 'because X Factor is on the tv so it's on it's way!!'

Then I saw I was beaten to it.

I think they may need to build a new losers bench as there are a lot of us having surgery next month - and so close together!! My date is September 23rd so I'm a few days before the rest of you who have mentioned September dates but will probably still be in hospital recovering from the op when you all go in as I'm in on the thursday, op on friday and am sure the surgeon will want to see me on the monday or tuesday before discharging me!!

When are everyone starting their liver shrinkage diets? I've got pre-op tomorrow morning so will know then when I start mine!! Have been buying things for the diet already and even have my hospital bag almost packed - I was that excited on friday when I got my date!!!

As for Christmas - it's not just that which I will be celebrating - I've also got a birthday with a big fat zero at the same time to make the most of - and I hope by then (4 months yesterday) that there will be a lot less of big fat me then!!!

Tatiana

I was to start my prop op diet on Tuesday as my op is on 7th Sept, but I too am excited and bored with this way of life...I'm ready to move on and have started my diet today!!

Good for you Sarah,

I've had a bit of a purge this week (since being told I was on waiting list) and am making the most of things I won't be able to eat on the pre-op diet but not having things that aren't good for me.

Also, have stopped things like alcohol - easy as I don't drink a lot of it anyway, have cut down on carbonated drinks and the ones I've got at home will be the last ones I buy!!

Good luck on the pre-op diet, what one are you doing?

Tatiana

They gave me the option to choose which ever I wanted..For a while I thought that it may be easier to do the milk thing then I wouldn't have to think about food day to day and make choices....not always good for me:cry:

But I had another look at the suggestions and have decided to go on a low carb, low fat diet, using their ideas and menus.

One of the main reasons being that its very important to maintain a high intake of other fluids and if I drank 4 litres of milk plus 2-3 litre of water etc I would feel like I was drowning:eek:

So I had a slice of toast, tiniest tiniest amount of butter and marmite for breakfast and I'm planning to have a nice salad each day for lunch ( I like the fat free dressing from M&S, so going to buy smone later) and a small portion of what the family have for dinner. I have to have 2 pieces of fruit daily and 1 yogurt. Plus 1/3 pint of milk for cereals or tea etc.....can't be to hard....I hope:rolleyes:

Which are you doing

I start my diet a week on tuesday, doing the low carb diet, looking forward in away to loose the weight before the op to... Good luck everyone, least we will have support as there are alot of us on here xx

Oh gosh! I will be 5 months post op at xmas. I can not believe I will not be buying chocolates and snacks and using the Oh go on its xmas lol. I will be cooking xmas dinner for my gdad and will have a sideplate of dinner too I think. I might even go to the work's xmas do if I loose enough weight and buy a nice dress lol.

Hi Sarah,

The diet I'm going to be doing (unless they've changed it since they gave me the paperwork a year ago!) is a bit different to the others I've read about..........

No meat, fish or egg yolks. As much fruit and veggies as I want including potatoes. Can have as much semi or skimmed milk, virtually fat free yoghurts and fromage frais as I like. Can have sugar, meringues, jam, marmalade, honey, treacle, marmite. Drinks don't need to be sugar free but can't have alcohol or carbonated drinks. No oil or fats allowed. No rice, pasta, bread or cereals apart from rice noodles and fat free crispbreads.

The paperwork I've been given says this diet is for 3 weeks and this is one of the things I've got to check out tomorrow morning at pre-op clinic!!

Tatiana

Last edited:
Curious, I've never heard anyone mention that one before...........its the opposite of what I'm allowed!!

Wonder what the thinking is behind this one, mind you it would be fat free which is the purpose to shrink the liver

i will be 6 1/2 monthe post op by xmas i will defo be going to the xmas works party and be buying a really nice outfit instead of just something that fits, and hopefully be at my goal weight by then xxxxxxxxx

Sarah,

I think it's because it's fat and protein free (almost) but allows carbs so I shouldn't get as hungry on it (thinking low glycemic index and all that!) I may well ask them at the hospital tomorrow about why they recommend this one over others - it will show I've been doing some research in advance of the diet!!

I will report back if I get a sensible answer!!

Tatiana

Back