• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers, what are you eating for Xmas dinner this year?

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
This is hopefully going to be my last Xmas dinner before surgery and to be honest, I've felt almost trapped by the obligatory need to eat xmas dinner. Silly really because it all comes down to personal choice but I find myself buying the mince pies, xmas pudding, roast parsnips etc etc even though I wouldn't eat them at any other time. I quite look forward to not having so much choice in the future.
I thought I'd feel panic at the thought of not being able to have a big xmas binge but I think my head is already preparing for the surgery.

So whats it actually like? What do you eat on xmas day?

Im having a christmas dinner, just slightly different than the normal one. Much much smaller for a start! Ill have some turkey, bit of mash, some veggies, stuffing and gravy. I dont think Ill be having dessert, maybe a muller rice or a muller light yogurt. :D XX

Well this will be my first Xmas since bypass, I will have beef one slice, roast pot and a little bit of veg and gravy, we always have prawn cocktail to start do I will have that for my tea, and if I can manage it a teeny tiny bit of Xmas cake as it is my favourite xx

I like Christmas dinner it will be the same as normal but not having as huge portions as in past times.It does become easier with time. I used to be obsessed with food was a chef for a number of years but now it doesnt interest me. Its nice after luch not having that stuffed feeling lol

Enjoy
Jo
xx

Im having turkey, roast pots, veg, stuffing and gravy and I might have some cheesecake after if I have room all washed down with a bottle of champers

I'm having a Christmas dinner, just a small portion :) we have it most weeks anyway, just not turkey lol I've made a sugar free Christmas pudding. I'm not intending to miss out at all.

None of us are turkey lovers so we are having roast lamb sprouts,carrots, mash potatoes,roast potatoes and gravy. To start its prawn cocktail and to finish its trifle. I'll have small portions of everything with the exception of trifle i'll leave that alone. The only difference post op is the size of the portions and the passing on the pudding xx

This is my first Christmas post op and my mum has said that instead of having a sit down meal she is gonna do like a buffet style meal where we can just get what we want when we want throughout the day. Looking forward to it a lot more now!! :D xxxxxx

i went to the toby carvery this weekend i managed a tiny bit turkey and a small fork ful of each veg, 1 ikkle tiny taste of yorky pud too, bring it on i was stuffed, less of what id normally scoff but i was well full up on what id had bring it on i shall have the same christmas day x

Turkey and all the trimmings! Just a smaller portion...:)

I'll have smoked salmon for Xmas breakfast as usual, but no bread this year. I'm looking forward to a small portion of turkey dinner and I've bought a NAS xmas pudding. I haven't bought any mince pies or Xmas cake cos hubby doesn't eat them anyway. But I've got a box of NAS choccies waiting for me :p

I'm also having CHRISTMAS DINNER, the works! just in lesser amounts. I intend to try it all, a mouthfull of everything. we dont do the mince pies, never liked them.

The puddings might be a no no, so I shall have a weight watchers cheese cake or chocolate moouse.

I think half the time it's the thoght of being deprived that is hard, but post bypass, I've not felt in the least bit deprived, I'm discovering that there is life after bypass and life is not just food.

I'm having a tiny roast turkey dinner. I've just made a NS Christmas pud, so I'm hoping to have a tiny bit of that too, but if I think it's going to make me dump (the dried fruit is packed with sugar) I can have some NS trifle which I think will be fine.

I shall probably have prawns and avocodo for tea and a tiny bit of cold turkey and pickle if I can manage it.
I've also made a NS Christmas cake which looks and smells FANTASTIC, but won't probably try any of that until Boxing Day. I may also make some mincemeat parcels with filo pastry...we like those in any case. If I was to eat any of those,it wouldn't be more than one!
I shan't feel deprived at all, I've made sure there's stuff I like which I can eat, but recently food isn't anything like such a big deal to me in any case.
Feeling well and beginning to look slim is much more important. :D
Grace xxx

Ordinary Xmas dinner for us too - turkey and all the trimmings. I shall just eat less than normal. I had a Toby carvery today with my mum and dad on the way back in the snow from hospital appointment and thought I would practice! I ate half the meat (I only asked for small amount) a whole yorkshire (oops) two sprouts a spoonfull of swede/carrot mash, one parsnip and one roast potato plus a bit of bread sauce. OMG that sounds loads!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I have had a funny few weeks where I have struggled to eat much at all . . obviously not today tho!:D:D:D

I am now practiced in the art of eating Xmas Dinner.

im going to have the whole xmas dinner thing, with a prawn cocktail starter, and xmas pud and custard for dessert, but obviously a lot smaller portion to what i would of eaten last year, and then i will have to be sick as i would of eaten to much ..lol, but what the hell its only once a year and its law to stuff yourself stupid ...lol

won't be having a xmas dinner, Boys are at their father's until after lunch and Boyfriend has to go home for his lunch not worth cooking for one.

I will be having the standard turkey dinner with the trimmings, though I have really tiny capacity in my pouch recently so it will be the most tiny amounts of each.
Steph xx

In a moment of what can only be described as abject stupidity I agreed that I would cook Christmas lunch this year :eek: I know I've never cooked a Turkey etc in my life so no pressure LOL

So this year I will be eating cold beans from a tin I reckon :D:D:D

In a moment of what can only be described as abject stupidity I agreed that I would cook Christmas lunch this year :eek: I know I've never cooked a Turkey etc in my life so no pressure LOL

So this year I will be eating cold beans from a tin I reckon :D:D:D

LOL! it's not that difficult Karlos, honestly!

Back