• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers, what are you eating for Xmas dinner this year?

If I'm honest I am nervous about Christmas. We are going to my parents and there will be prawn cocktail turkey all the trimmings and then a choice of deserts. Then there will be tea a few hours later!
I tried turkey a few months ago and vomitted for 3 days afterwards so hoping that doesnt happen again! Prawns are a bit of hit and miss with me as well. So what will I eat? Who knows. I intend to try the turkey and veg. Leave prawns and desert to the others. For tea I will probably have salad and cheese. But who knows!

We're going out to a hotel for christmas dinner this year with some family and friends. I don't have to cook therefore so I jumped at it! It's a 3 course meal, I'll be having butternut soup to start, traditional turkey etc for main, and something chocolatey for pud! Soup will be fine, but roast I have to be careful with, only because meat fills me very quickly and I need to eat as much volume as possible.

thanks guys. it's been really interesting to hear what you're all having.
I have to say that I'd hate to pay full whack at the toby carvery and then only have such a tiny meal but that's just me being tight.

In a moment of what can only be described as abject stupidity I agreed that I would cook Christmas lunch this year :eek: I know I've never cooked a Turkey etc in my life so no pressure LOL

So this year I will be eating cold beans from a tin I reckon :D:D:D

Nowt wrong with cold beans Well I love um lol

lol....Karl can you please let your family know that the Salvation Army do a butty and soup run in Manchester town centre on Christmas day night at around 9pm.........Ive a feeling they might need it ;) XX

P.s. they might have to fight Big Gladys for a butty, its been her "patch" for 40 yrs and she doesnt like sharing! :D XX

thanks guys. it's been really interesting to hear what you're all having.
I have to say that I'd hate to pay full whack at the toby carvery and then only have such a tiny meal but that's just me being tight.

Do you know I always thought that I would be like that ... hence probably why I would previously have piled my plate high and 'got my moneys worth'!! Now I actually dont mind paying and eating only what I want. I think I save so much on a day to day basis not eating the odd sandwich/chocolate from the garage, the cake from the bakers, the percy pigs from M & S . . I can afford to splash out on a meal and not worry if I dont eat it all. And the best bit of it all (which is really wierd) I feel quite liberated by the fact that I can leave half on my plate!

mmmmm percy pigs yum.

Oh I don't really know yet. We generally spend Xmas at friends' and they make the usual turkey with all the trimmings. Being on pureed food right now, I really don't know what I am going to eat. Cheesy mash? I've asked them for it ;)

You could always puree a bit of turkey with some chicken oxo and have mash and gravy with a few mashed veggies :D I had that when I was on puree but with chicken and it was actually nicer than it sounds! XX

lol....Karl can you please let your family know that the Salvation Army do a butty and soup run in Manchester town centre on Christmas day night at around 9pm.........Ive a feeling they might need it ;) XX

P.s. they might have to fight Big Gladys for a butty, its been her "patch" for 40 yrs and she doesnt like sharing! :D XX

Hahaha big Gladys don't scare me none I'll be packing heat. It's amazing how much heat a Turkey burnt to a cinder can hold too LOL :D:D:D

Do you know I always thought that I would be like that ... hence probably why I would previously have piled my plate high and 'got my moneys worth'!! Now I actually dont mind paying and eating only what I want. I think I save so much on a day to day basis not eating the odd sandwich/chocolate from the garage, the cake from the bakers, the percy pigs from M & S . . I can afford to splash out on a meal and not worry if I dont eat it all. And the best bit of it all (which is really wierd) I feel quite liberated by the fact that I can leave half on my plate!

me too! But I've also got into the habit of asking for a 'doggy bag' in case I fancy eating later or the next day...or giving t to someone else in the family. :D

Hahaha big Gladys don't scare me none I'll be packing heat. It's amazing how much heat a Turkey burnt to a cinder can hold too LOL :D:D:D

LOL just follow the instructions about how much per pound and you should be fine!
......do you never cook then Karlos?

LOL just follow the instructions about how much per pound and you should be fine!
......do you never cook then Karlos?

Of course I do but normally just until it goes Ding!!

Back