• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Three days left and panic is setting in

Kath in Buxton

:(
Hi, I go in on Thursday for me GBP, and have just finished day 11 of pre op, and have only lost 8.5 lb. I'm now really really scared that my liver won't have shrink enough:cry:
I haven't cheated. I just don't know what I'll do if I wake up not having been done. I'll be absolutely heart broken.
Does anyone know what the average loss is on the pre-op??

This diet isn't about the amount of weight you lose, so dont worry, we are all scared our livers won't shrink enough, but as long as you stick to the diet you should be fine.

X

Don't panic!!!

I don't know why it is that people get so het up about loosing weight pre op, it isn't really about that. The diet is to shrink your liver.

I lost 12.6 pounds and my liver was tiny - the surgeon said it was so small it fell through the medium retractor he used to hold it out of the way, so I wouldn't worry about the amount you have lost, just keep at it and give yourself a pat on the back for sticking to it. :)

Good luck for Thursday Honey and everything is going to be just fine. :D xx

Last edited:
As above and the best of luck xxxx

Just remember that the diet is for liver shrinkage not weight loss, if we also drop a few lbs during that time it's a bonus and a quick start for the hard work ahead of us post-op!

Tatiana

Kath,

Thanks for posting this as I was also worrying about the size of my liver and not much weight loss and my GB is the day after yours.

Thanks for the replies - once less thing to worry about.

Purple x

Hey that is a great weight loss hun!! as others have said its to get rid of the fats ect in the liver which get flushed out during the 'liver diet' so don't panic!!
Its maybe more to do with the opertation drawing nearer and finding something to stress about, i do this to.
Deep breath and keep going your doing fine xxxxxxxxxx

If it is any consolation I have been on the liver shrinking diet twice now. The first time I lost 8lbs and this time I lost only 6lbs and both times they went ahead with the operations without a problem. I am sure you will be fine :)

Thanks guys. I've been getting weighed every day:eek: even though I know I shouldn't. Because I see it as the more pounds I lose, then the more of the glycogen in my liver is being used up . . . (I've been reading up on the science about how liver shrinkage works).

Been in a right old panic!! Better start packing a bag now then :)

Thanks guys. I've been getting weighed every day:eek: even though I know I shouldn't. Because I see it as the more pounds I lose, then the more of the glycogen in my liver is being used up . . . (I've been reading up on the science about how liver shrinkage works).

Been in a right old panic!! Better start packing a bag now then :)

Good luck Kath...I wouldn't put myself down as an expert,but it seems that you'll be okay :)

Best wishes,i'll be thinking of you and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Take Care

Andy x

All the best Kath with your operation. I hope it all goes well and I wish you a speedy recovery. :)

Kath, I understand your concern but I'm sure its just pre op nerves really. I understand because I'm in the same boat as you... My op is next Tuesday :S
Good luck for Thursday and I look forward to your post op updates. x

Don't take any notice to how much weight you lose,make sure you don't cheat and you will be 100% fine,seriously...Best of luck to you hun xxx

good luck with the op x

Well, with just over 24 hours to go before I have to set off for Derby (We have to set off at stupid o clock to get there for 7 am), I have very little time left to worry about it! Thanks for all the words of encouragement. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, with just over 24 hours to go before I have to set off for Derby (We have to set off at stupid o clock to get there for 7 am), I have very little time left to worry about it! Thanks for all the words of encouragement. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back