• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why is there so many variations in pre op diets??

MITZ

Hello

I have just been reading the group.. this is my 2nd week of pre op diet and it seems a lot of people have done a lot longer than me.
Walsall have said 2 weeks pre op and I have a provision date to go in 24th October.
When I was in the clinic back in March the dietician said you will start the diet d 4 weeks pre op and i will see you before then to go over everything. This did not happen.
The letter came giving me 2 weeks to do the pre op.
now I am thinking will I have done enough to shrink my liver???
I have lost 10lb since starting it, will that be enough??
How will they know if it is enough??

Panic has set in :wave_cry:

Mitz xx

hi mitz hun, 2 weeks is about the right amount of time, so dont worry. i dont know why other ppl are told more,but i think the majority do between 1 and 2weeks. i didnt even do that long, cos i got a cancellation, so only did about 7 days, and i was fine, so dont worry. big hugs xxx

mitz huni, the pre op diet isnt for the weight loss, its so that your liver shrinks to make it easier for the surgeon to gain access to your stomach. any weight loss is just a nice side effect. so dont worry about that, big hugs xx

I did 10 days on my pre-op diet.

It's all dependant on your surgeon and his preference/advice.

ner ner ner ner ner ditze, whos a teachers (doctors) pet then. lol. im only joking huni, its nice to know isnt it.
hugs xxxx

Back