• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Billie's Band Breakthrough !!!

Billie.x

I asked him how my liver was. He said a little fatty.
I'm in so much pain.
I feel like I'm drink far to much I feel like my stomach is full of fluid !!!
And I'm all alone hate it. Can't lay down either.
Can't wait to get home tomorrow !!!

BFB

I asked him how my liver was. He said a little fatty.
I'm in so much pain.
I feel like I'm drink far to much I feel like my stomach is full of fluid !!!
And I'm all alone hate it. Can't lay down either.
Can't wait to get home tomorrow !!!

Aww sorry to hear you're suffering. These first few days will hopefully be as hard as it gets. You will get through it. Stay strong and think of smaller clothes, more energy, being healthier and whatever little goals or dreams you've set yourself. xxx

Billie.x

Hi
I feel terrible!!!
I've never had surgery before is this normal ??
I've got so much pain where my wounds are that I can't sit up without someone pulling me.
It hurts to walk.
I feel sick I'm just able to sip a drink without feeling like I'm going to puke !!!

:(

sharon2014

Hi I feel terrible!!! I've never had surgery before is this normal ?? I've got so much pain where my wounds are that I can't sit up without someone pulling me. It hurts to walk. I feel sick I'm just able to sip a drink without feeling like I'm going to puke !!! :(

Hey Billie..I was like that for a few days..a lot of its wind..if feeling really sicky...anti nausea tablets might help..I used cyclazine? I think they were called xx

I slept propt up for the first week I think, had loads pillows around me, being careful not to lie on the wounds xxx

ladilindy

So sorry to hear that you are still feeling so rough Billie, I can't help with whether the pain is normal after a band as I was bypassed, but I was relatively pain free after my op. Make sure you take all your pain relief and, although it hurts, try to move around as much as possible. Keep sipping the water, fluid is really important. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Lynn x

Billie.x

I'm scared I'm never going to feel normal again :(

Billie.x

Hi.
I woke up this morning and when I went to the toilet I weed blood ??? It's also there when I wipe.
I haven't had a period for over 5 years due to being on the implant and pill etc so it's not a period ?
What the hell can this be ?
I'm still in awful pain I can't sit up unaided yet. :(

ladilindy

Ring your team, that doesn't sound normal to me. My surgeon says that British people are very bad for "wait and see" instead of asking for help.

Lynn x

Billie.x

I phoned them and they said go to see GP. Could be a water infection.
She said it don't sound band related but could be due to not passing water much.
I've got a appointment at 11 am with my GP

Xxxx

Billie.x

Hi
Seen the GP & she tested a sample and said there's a high amount of blood and infection cells so I have liquid antibiotics which look yuk lol xx

sharon2014

Hi Seen the GP & she tested a sample and said there's a high amount of blood and infection cells so I have liquid antibiotics which look yuk lol xx

Aw Billie I hope you feel better soon!! I actually had a best infection not long after my band and had to take the liquid antibiotics had 2 different ones..a red liquid and an orange liquid..both were horrid but one better than other..maybe have something you can pop in your mouth after just to take the taste away..!!

Hopefully they get u back on track, sounds like just been unlucky...!! :( xxx

ladilindy

Glad you got it checked out, hopefully you will start to feel better once the antibiotics kick in

Lynn x

Billie.x

Thanks for all your messages.
I am feeling a bit better in my self today. The pain is not as bad.
I think I've just been unlucky yeah and suffered more than other people I've read about
Yesterday I was thinking what the hell have I done but today I'm trying to be more positive and think that in a few weeks I should be feeling ok and on to soft foods.

Now when I drink I get like a pain inside does this mean I'm drinking to much or to fast or is this the wind pain. As I do feel sometimes after the pain I need to burp ?

Xx

Crystalrainbow

Pleased to hear your feeling a little better hunni.... I spent the first few days wondering what the hell i'd done, but rest assured it will pass.... I think I was 8 weeks before I was felling back to normal. Just take it very easy, rest and get well soon....slow sips with the drinking x x x

Billie.x

Thank you for following my pre op journey.
I have now started a post op diet diary in the band section xxx