• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tired on milk diet

Paula1975

Is it me or do you get tired more on the milk diet? Might have something to do with I used have energy drinks though and having withdrawals lol

Day 3 or 4 felt bit tired then you pick up and it's full steam ahead until the last couple of days when I got so fed up with it, but stayed on track , am now 11 days post op and all is well.

The only problems I had were my cravings for normal food whilst on the diet. But all you have to think of is well its only for x days and then you have the end result of your op.

I'm nearly three weeks post op and haven't regretted it at all.

I lost 17 lbs on pre op diet and a further 22 lbs since!

Day 1 of diet nearly done, just a pint of milk left... It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It was hard passing all those take away shops whilst out for a walk the smell just makes you want to eat.
It's easier cause my partner is doing it with me for moral support, she's one in a million.

wait till the constipation kicks in :cry::D:D don't forget to keep up your other fluids too to keep the constipation at bay ;)

im starting tomorrow just trying to decide what to have for my last unhealthy supper lol xxx

It is tough but keep it up. You might lose some weight but sticking to it mean successful completion of your surgery and that is is worth it I can assure you :D Day 5 for me I had more energy from ketosis but then your breath and mouth feels even worse so sugar free gum helps with that. Best of luck, you can do it :) x

I didn't know you could have chewing gum, but will be buying some. The diet isn't too bad actually, and the fact I've lost 6lbs in 2 days is a bonus

Sugar free gum is helping me also.. I miss having nothing to chew so the gum helps fill that gap. Also I find that crunching Ice chips is also a good way to take my mind off food, and I have made some ice lollies out of Sugar Free Squash, but very very fed up with milk now though!!!! But not too long to go now, so hang in there Paula1975 :)xx

Amanda577, that's a great idea about the ice lollies. Will do that tonight. I have frozen some grapes, an idea I had from ww. You've been on the diet for ages, I only have to do it for 10 days. You are doing so well to last so long

Not doing so well really!! I am sooo hungry! Nearly caved in yesterday and bought a sandwich, I literally had to run out of the shop!!! but keep thinking not long to go now and am so scared my liver won't have shrunk.. Oh and try freezing your yogurt in a lolly mould too. it makes a really nice yogurt lolly and takes longer to eat than with a spoon....

Wish I was allowed grapes but unfortunately just the milk and yogurt:cry:

Been on the milk diet since Saturday, finding it really hard and nearly caved in a few times but have remained strong thanks to you guys, I just say to myself it will all be worth it in the end... Plus this operation is what I've wanted for ages so I would only be cheating myself.

Exactly Nigel, I nearly caved in a few times too but was only for 10 days and had op at end of it

Back