• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to ask or not to ask...what is best?

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Obviously we all know if you don't ask you'll never know but I see people on here saying they call the hospital often to find out if a date is nearing however would you say this is beneficial? I am due to be having RnY with Mr Somers at St Richards in Chichester and I have been waiting for a date now since 13th July and i've not asked once. I did ring and give them my new mobile number and whoever I spoke to said I would imagine you are on the waiting list but she didn't have access to it at that point. I know in my head whatever will happen will happen but I see others asking and just wondered if it helped to ask or just to leave it and when its your turn its your turn? I'm not saying that no-one should phone but i've not plucked up the courage to do it myself and was thinking about it! :) thanks xxxx

I don't think it does any harm asking. I phone Bariatric co-ordinater every 2-3 weeks to ask about funding when I can get through lol.

A phone call can alert them sometime that they need to pull there finger out. If I hadn't phoned a few weeks ago they may have not been alerted that they needed to chase up my funding.

I'm fortunate I speak to the bariatric nurse and she is more than willing to find out info for me. I'm sitting here now almost bursting waiting for her to get back to me lol.

Yes i would say, in my opinion, ringing really does help.

If they have had a cancellation and you are ringing constantly your name will be memorable.

You may have just rung when a cancellation has come in, and so she may give it to you.

Basically only good can come from you ringing them, so pluck up the courage and give it a go, especially if you have been waiting since July! Just remember they cant see you on the phone, they dont know you are scared/nervous.

Good luck :) xxxx

Hi Angelwing
I would think it would be an individual thing some people need to know the progress they are making on the list and others are happy to say "it will happen when it happens" there is no right or wrong it's just what makes you feel as if you are making progress. Good luck whatever you decide x

Forgot to say, just for an example, i got referred from my GP late August, and hadnt heard anything after a few days (i am sooooo impatient) and so rung up the doctors surgery who then rung the hospital for me and i got a letter in the next couple of days saying i had an appointment 5 days later!! lol.

You know what they say!!! 'if you don't ask, you don't get!!!'...
x

ring ring ring ring :p

Really, you wont be the only one wanting a closer date so get in there first. ;)

You should definitely ring.
You can be really pleasant about it, and just ask if they could tell you where you are in the system.
I've posted before, on here, that my paperwork was sent to the wrong pct. If I hadn't phoned to check on my progress, I doubt if the mistake would have been discovered yet!!
You should certainly give them a call xxx

I would definitely phone!! I have managed to knock at least a month off both of my appointments so far by calling and being a little bit pushy (but always lovely and polite though!!!). The appointments people are used to people calling for cancellations. Not sure if they are who you'd talk to as I am not that far into the whole process!!

Good luck!!! and let us know what they say!!!

xxx

Back