• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

today my size came in handy for something at least lol

tesmaralda

well today i ended up playing mother christams for my local toddler group. They were no men available and me being me said i'll do that, as soon as the words were out of my mouth i regretted it lol.

the next words to come out were yes you've guessed it well i wont need the padding my belly has got some uses. so spent the next 2 hours in a big red dress, cape and hat handing out presents and decorating candle holders.

I did quite enjoy it until afterwards we were talking and they said same time and placenext year mother christmas and my reply was well i might need the extra padding then..... Why they asked when i said because i will be thinner hopefully, there were sniggers and the old yes we're starting such and such diet in the new turn. I then much to my amazement stood up and said no actually i am having wls and will be thinner and stood looking round at alll the stunned faces and gasps of shock and horror and have spent the last hour or so on and off the phone to questions and apologies but no negative comments so far.

Last edited:
Terri, I bet you made a brilliant mother xmas. Sounds like you had a lovely morning.

Im so glad you told them you are having wls as at least now you wont have to keep explaining to everyone when they see the weight dropping off you. Im glad you have had no negative comments but Im sure you can deal with whatever anyone throws at you anyway.

What a lovely thing for you to do, so giving. It sounds like a blast. Also, it was brave of you to announce your surgery like that, I bet you'll be glad you did it. People can be so much more supportive than you expect. I expected more negative responses and I just didn't get them which was a pleasant surprise. I hope it is the same for you.

Good for you and HO HO HO!
:Christmas02r:

well today i ended up playing mother christams for my local toddler group. They were no men available and me being me said i'll do that, as soon as the words were out of my mouth i regretted it lol.

the next words to come out were yes you've guessed it well i wont need the padding my belly has got some uses. so spent the next 2 hours in a big red dress, cape and hat handing out presents and decorating candle holders.

I did quite enjoy it until afterwards we were talking and they said same time and placenext year mother christmas and my reply was well i might need the extra padding then..... Why they asked when i said because i will be thinner hopefully, there were sniggers and the old yes we're starting such and such diet in the new turn. I then much to my amazement stood up and said no actually i am having wls and will be thinner and stood looking round at alll the stunned faces and gasps of shock and horror and have spent the last hour or so on and off the phone to questions and apologies but no negative comments so far.

All credit to you for stepping up and doing mummy Xmas AND ....GO YOU for announcing your wls and the buzz of confidence that should bring you. :)

May all the "sniggering" people hang their heads in shame!!!:(

Well Done...:D:D:D..xxx

Way to go. would have loved to see the faces, the children and especially the adults. its out there now so you can relax.. well done. Bridie x :p

I would haved loved to do a mother xmas at my playgroup (I run one). Unfortunately, I couldnt find a costume big enough. Im just relieved there will be next year! I bet it was scary as you said it (about your wls). You must have real guts, Well done Im too scared of negativity to tell anyone. Only my nearest and dearest knows. Take care R x

How cool is that? Well done for your courage. :)

Back