• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Totally new to all of this!!

thanks Sashie, I really hope so!! Seriously cannot wait now! :)

so, havent been here for a while. had a traumatic couple of weeks. firstly, i was made redundant from my job due to my health issues. they actually used my pending bariatric surgery as a reason to get rid of me!! On top of that, my mother in law passed away suddenly 2 weeks ago, so me and my hubby have been coming to terms with that. She had terminal lung cancer, we'd known about it since April, but she was doing well and we had no worries. she was having some respite care in a hospice as his dad is also quite ill at the moment and in hospital, and she had a massive heart attack. She was only 65 :(

..........Anyway, now Im job free I'm free to have the surgery whenever I want. I phoned the hospital today and they are arranging for my pre-op assessment!!!! Im so excited!!!!! :D

Hi nervousbutdetermind im new to this forum and just at the begining of my wls journey so wasnt around at the begining of your thread, ive just read through it and had to comment, i cant believe work could be so horrible to you after you were prepared to wait for your surgery to accomodate them and then using it to their advantage. Although its fantastic that you can now go for surgery immediatly it doesnt change the fact of discrimination. Is there no way you could take them to a tribunal?

Im also sorry to hear about your mother in law loosing someone suddenly really cant be easy.

Hopefully you will get some good news from your surgeon and be able to speed the op up xx

It's disgraceful that your employer is using your surgery as a means to get rid of you, I'm sure that must be against employment laws. I'd give ACAS a ring over that one, you might have a case.

Also, sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, the death of a close family member is shocking and devastating. At least you and your husband can be there for each other, and I hope in time you can come to terms with your loss.

I wish you all the very best with your surgery x

Hi Banderbird and beccasd, thank you for your kind comments, I really appreciate it xxx i have a lot of health issues, depression being the main one, ive had a lot of time off in the last 2 years. Apart from being the main carer for my hubby who has bipolar, my hubby contracted a rare kidney illness 2 years ago and is still coming through it and recovering, and then my MIL was diagnosed with the cancer in April after being in and out of hospital with chest infections. my FIL has been diagnosed with vascular dementia and hes been given 3 years, and then my own mum had major spinal surgery in June which she is only now recovering from. To say its been a massive struggle would be an understatement.

I am getting a full year salary pay off, and to be honest, even though I feel cheated I think I'm better off out of there. At least I've been able to spend the last 3 weeks with my hubby and his family, which I wouldnt have been able to do if I was still at work.

I'm just trying to see it all as a new start. As one door closes another opens, so to speak. I am already thinking of expanding my cake making hobby into a full time business so maybe this is just the opportunity I need. Thank you for your comments though, I am happy for the support :) xxx

So, quick update! Got my pre-op date 18 November!!!! I am soooooooo excited!! :D :D :D

Back