• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Hi Tweety, just read your diary, well done! I am sure that last stone will melt away soon. Keep up the good work!

No weight shifting still the same. Just read Kurstys thread and im absolutely gutted for her. Massive wake up call. Im eating the wrong things and too fast. PBing alot which will not be good for my body. Take care everyone. Its tough to train yourselfto do this right ;(

Hi Tweety. Thanks for dropping by my diary. Yes, please look after your band. The rules are there for our safety and to protect the band. My problem is I never had restriction with my band. I only PBd three times in my whole band journey until that fateful Sunday afternoon

When I had my band repair surgery at the end of July I was told the mechanics of the band were find and my pouch was looking good. I just needed to get to that sweet spot

I actually think my problem started with my fill a few days before my high drama rush to A&E lol. The next day I had some pains under my left rib. There was supposed to be 9ml in but they could only extract 7.5 and they put in an additional 1.5. Since my port and tube replacement I had

4 ml in surgery
5ml added at the barium X-ray
1.5 ml at my fill in October

Having researched the band process they do not recommend such aggressive fills

I'm not apportioning blame here. My band did not work to its full potential and since my leak I did not work with my band

So now I am left with no band and around 4k of my 6.5k Cost still to pay

I would HATE to see anyone in the same position as myself my love......so you and all the other banders take care xxxxxx

Sorry things arnt going so well tweety try to wake up tomorrow refocused and ready! X lots of protein, lots of veg, good luck x

Dont get me wrong im happy with my weight, i am not happy that i dont stick to the rules. Get better soon kirsty hun. I hope you stick around on here and find your own way on this WL journey xx

This is not the easiest of journeys , requires a lot of work both from our heads and our bodies. Good luck with the rest of your journey and hope you get well soon Kirsty.

I think I was a bit of a wake up call for all of us hunni.........unfortunately its not always easy to keep our heads in that place.......we've all been there, and all done it...........'and there but for the grace of god go I' just take each and every day from here on in to do our best ....because our best is all we can possibly do x x x x

Hi all im fine lost 2lb lol! Im feeling a bit lost with it. I cant shift my last stone without exercise and i have a bad back. Q: who takes vitamins? I have had no guidance with this so wondering if im at risk of deficiency.

I was told to take a vitamin of some kind! Well done on the loss! A bag of sugar gone. That last stone will be hard but I'm sure you'll manage it x

hmm yes I was told a multi vitamin but tbh I don't bother most of the time ..... wtg on the loss.... this last bit is the hardest, but theres no rush, we'll be fighting it for the rest of our days :( have a great crimbo x x x

Well hello again, its me but 6 years post op! What a journey.. reading my posts back i could laugh at how i thought the band would solve everything. 1) i did get to a size 12! But it was hard work and mostly exercise 2) i maintained for 4 years 3) i vomited most days 4) kept it a secret 5) sept 2018 the band leaked 5 yrs post op 5) i developed granuloma annulare from having a foreign object in my body. So look like a freshen cow. 6) now back to square 1 at almost 15 stone. 7) now have to pay again to have it taken out as to be honest i cant live with ‘maybe ill vomit?’ daily due to restriction inconsistency! And have to because if my reaction 8) wondering if its selfish to be considering bypass/sleeve when that last one was a waste of cash.

Well hello again, its me but 6 years post op! What a journey.. reading my posts back i could laugh at how i thought the band would solve everything. 1) i did get to a size 12! But it was hard work and mostly exercise 2) i maintained for 4 years 3) i vomited most days 4) kept it a secret 5) sept 2018 the band leaked 5 yrs post op 5) i developed granuloma annulare from having a foreign object in my body. So look like a freshen cow. 6) now back to square 1 at almost 15 stone. 7) now have to pay again to have it taken out as to be honest i cant live with ‘maybe ill vomit?’ daily due to restriction inconsistency! And have to because if my reaction 8) wondering if its selfish to be considering bypass/sleeve when that last one was a waste of cash.
Hi, im so sorry you’ve been through so much and now have to have your band remobed, I don’t think its at all selfish to be considering another option, after all it’s not been your fault that your band failed.
good luck with wha you decide x

Back