• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Karen's diary - got my date!

I had 2weeks off, please try not to worry I'd guess everyone in that first week mourns food, thinking what the hell have I done...I know I did..but as soon as those scales start moving and keep on moving your mind starts to change. It's early early days...stick with it!

I'm a single parent too and know what it's like when you're not firing on all cylinders....just deep breaths, take time to recover and you'll soon be back to normal! Xxx

Thank you so much for your responses - its reassuring to know that what I'm feeling is relatively normal! I think the anaesthetic wearing off is also making me really down - I was crying for ages last night and was looking up band removal!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Keep smiling! If its any consolation I can't keep anything down today :-(

Oh hun i really feel for you. I wish there was something i could do. I've read countless stories of people feeling exactly like you do afterwards, wondering what have i done to myself etc.
This feeling will pass and you'll go on to be an amazingly successful bander.
Keep looking to the future, next Christmas how good you'll feel. Next year how much more healthy you'll be.
I wish i had something more constructive to say, Im thinking about you and i hope this passes soon.x

Thank you Daisy, I really appreciate the support on here. At least there are people who have felt the same things. I'm sure once I'm rocking the size 10 jeans I won't be moaning :)

You really really really won't be. It's very common to feel like that, trust me cos i read as many bad stories as i could before the op and i prepared myself for the very worst. Anesthesic affects people differently, my doctor told me i may be out of action for a lot longer than i expected. I seemed to have gotten lucky but that's all it is, luck. When you start seeing the pounds melting away you'll view everything differently.
Keep reminding yourself of the reasons you've done this. Read all the success stories you can find on the net. I do this daily to remind myself that i WILL be one of them cos sometimes the road can seem so long.

Really hope you start feeling a bit better. Chin up hun x x

Thank you, you made me feel a bit better :)

Today hasn't been that bad in terms of pain to be honest - the biggest pain has been in my neck from only being able to sleep on my back! It still hurts to sleep on my side.

My scars look awful as there is lots of bruising around them - I do bruise easily but I still wasnt expecting it to look so gruesome.

I've eaten/drunk mint tea, raspberry tea, water, orange juice, tomato soup (1/3 of a can) and now I'm having some options hot choc with skimmed milk.

I am SO bored being at home and can only think of all the food I can't eat!

I'm sure I'll be positive by the end of the week, just doesn't feel like it yet :)

Well today has been the best day so far. Not much pain, I can move around properly now and I've stopped feeling sorry for myself, which is great :)

AND...I've lost 12lbs in 6 days! How crazy is that?

Hi Karen,
I've just read through this thread. I'm not a bander but I did have my sleeve done the day b4 u got ur band so will be going through the same sort of things. I to have been in a lot of pain but thankfully I'm in none now :0) well get little ones when I eat and drink. I to have shed a lot of tears and had big regrets so u are totally normal (or were both not lol) glad to see ur feeling better xxx

12 pounds that's amaizing. Well done xxx glad you feel better and are getting on board with your band. To a happy and successful journey

Karen_Ponte said:
Well today has been the best day so far. Not much pain, I can move around properly now and I've stopped feeling sorry for myself, which is great :)

AND...I've lost 12lbs in 6 days! How crazy is that?

Enjoy the crazy!! Well done!! X

I chose a pair of high heeled leopard print ankle boots. We are psychic twins! Lol lol

We must be! Show me yours - I do love a pair of leopard print shoes!

Back