• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Karen's diary - got my date!

Wow so so so exciting! You'll do great don't worry about the pain it's really not all that bad. I just had some peppermint tea and it helps with the wind pain.x keep us posted!x

Oh good luck Hun, and hoping for a quick recovery

Good luck. I don't feel mine unless I look for it

Ok I'm all gowned and stockinged up. The paper pants - WOW! They are huge and so attractive!! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh dear, I remember those pants....:) good luck xxx

It's almost 2am and my op went well :) Mr El Hasani is lovely, the anaesthetist was HOT (obviously an important factor lol), and my nurse is just fab. I can't recommend the chelsfield park hospital enough.

My op was at 3.30 and I was back in the bed at 4.30, huge pants included. Ive had such bad pain though but I feel like its subsided at bit, even though my last morphine was just after 10pm. I LOVE the morphine :)

Anyway, I'm off back to sleep for a bit and will update once I'm home later today. No regrets so far!

It's 3.25am on day 2 after the op (said in Big Brother voice :) ) and I spent all of yesterday in absolutely crap loads of pain. I thought i was dying last night - I had the worst headache ive ever had in my life which I've put down to the tramadol.

I hope today is better - I still have pain around my midriff and around one of the wounds - I can't even look at those yet :-(

Hoping that the other new banders are doing well - ive only consumed water, peppermint tea and a banana shake I had at the hospital at 9.30am yesterday. I can't face anything else because of the immense pain.

Aw no you poor little thing :( have you got pain relief you can take? Liquid children's nurofen or calpol six plus?
I haven't been able to look under my dressing either :(
Maybe you should give them a call if the pain is that bad? Really hoping you start feeling better x

Karen, I am on day 3 now and it does ease off. The wind pain is mainly gone, it is just sore around the incisions and one of those hurts much more than the others especially when I move. I have been able to eat soup and custard although I know I am not drinking enough because that does
hurt for some reason. Chin up, it will get better! Hugs. X

Also, I find it helps to press a rolled up towel to my tummy when moving. That eases the pain. What are your family like? Mine are sulking because I am not working at 100% which is a bit frustrating. Have had 2 rows with the hubster already! Heigh ho... :)

Thanks Daisy. I've got nurofen melts and soluble paracetamol but I still have the chest pain. I keep thinking its a clot on my lung :-( if it doesn't feel better later I'll ring the hospital

Kat - I'm here alone. My parents took my kids for a few days when I came back yesterday. They took one look at me and said I wouldn't be able to manage (kids are 6 and 2). I'm a single parent and had to agree with them - I can't look after them whilst I'm like this.

My chest is killing me - is that normal?

I have a sore chest too. I think it's because I am shallow breathing because of the pain. Try to take 5 really deep breaths every hour, it hurts but it stops the risk of a chest infection etc. The gas tends to gravitate around your chest, shoulders and neck.

I lasted about 3 hours at work. I get so breathless and the pain in my stomach and shoulder was too much so I came home.

I have a post op assessment on 25 Feb so hopefully I'll be ok by then. At the moment, I'm regretting having it done. I hate being ill and not capable of looking after my girls. I keep wondering why I went down the surgery route and didn't try again the traditional way :-(

It is normal, the aftermath of the anesthetic. I so wished someone told you earlier to take more time off. I had one of the easiest recovery yet still had 11 days off work and was very glad I had all that time. Give yourself a break, you are doing great and you come to love your band I promise you. Big hugs xxx

I know I'm being very negative but all I can think of now are the foods I can't eat and I could cry! I guess that means I have an unhealthy attitude to food and that's what I need to get over but at the moment, I wish I didn't have it done.

Karen, I feel tonnes better today. I have worked out that I cannot drink anything cold (it makes me vomit white froth) and I have been starving for the first time! Lots of soup!! I went into town for 2 hours and was knackered!

Last night I wanted to wrestle my son to the ground and lick the lasagne and garlic bread off his plate!! So the desire for food stays the same but we have willpower forced on us which is what we needed!!!

I had a little cry when I doubled over for 5 mins after having a drink last night, we will have ups and downs! Smile and think EVERYONE says it gets better sooner or later. Take it easy for another week and you will feel like a new woman!

Back