• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind killing me!!

agill74

Hi new on here not sure what I'm doing but I'm 4 days post op gastric bypass and wondering how others coped with the trapped wind it's crippling me

didn't have much of a problem with it myself but advice was to keep active, as much as you can - hope it eases soon for you

Drink peppermint tea, take Wind-eze or similar and try walking around and windmilling/circling your arms.

Hope you feel better soon x

Keep moving and put a hot water bottle on the sore bits. It's horrible but does pass.

walking worked best for me

I don't know if it works but you could try laying on your back and pumping your legs like you do with a baby?? Lol If I'm honest I've never tried this myself but if you do and it works I shall remind myself of this when it comes to my turn! >.<

ive heard that if you try to "bend over" bit like trying to touch your toes encourages the trapped wind out bit like when you see an oil lamp with the bubbles somehow always making its way to the top.maybe your wind may feel "forced" up and out!

ive heard that if you try to "bend over" bit like trying to touch your toes encourages the trapped wind out bit like when you see an oil lamp with the bubbles somehow always making its way to the top.maybe your wind may feel "forced" up and out!

This made me LOL!!! :D

maybe laughing might help as well!

Thank you all for your messages hopefully it will pass soon I'm scared to eat anything tried a couple mouthfuls of soup but not really feeling that hungry at the moment,what was everyone else feeling like days after op I'm only 4days post op!!

Hi thanks for ur advise I haven't got a clue wot I'm doing on here just joined today so prob take a while,ur over a year post op how's things going for u?x

I had trapped wind located in my left shoulder for a week..I found walking around and hot water bottle defiantly help xxxx

Thank you all for your messages hopefully it will pass soon I'm scared to eat anything tried a couple mouthfuls of soup but not really feeling that hungry at the moment,what was everyone else feeling like days after op I'm only 4days post op!!

Hi, I'm 4 days post op too but with a sleeve :0)
I burped loads after every sip of water for the first few days but been ok since. Definitely keep moving to try and shift it.
I'm still experimenting with food, well liquid as so far fruit smoothies and complan go straight thru! I'm not hungry either - isn't it strange!
Why are you scared to eat?
X

Duno just worried about the staples and stitches a know its silly but a think with the wind it's got me bloated so hopefully that will settle and il b able to start experimenting with my purée foods!!wot sort of foods u eating or shud I say blending?x

Duno just worried about the staples and stitches a know its silly but a think with the wind it's got me bloated so hopefully that will settle and il b able to start experimenting with my purée foods!!wot sort of foods u eating or shud I say blending?x

I know what you mean about the staples and the bloating doesn't help. I'm on liquid for 3 weeks so I have 3 protein shakes made with milk, a small glass of orange juice and blended homemade soup which I space out throughout the day. I'm supposed to have 200ml each time but can't manage that. And in between sipping water.
What has your provider told you to have?
From reading on here every provider is different on how long for each stage. After this I'm on purée for another 3 weeks then normal.
I'm looking forward to chewing food again :0)

It was just water straight after my op that was stage 1 then onto purée foods for 4-6 weeks which is stage 2 its day 4 today and I've just managed a few spoonfuls of soup then after stage 2 it's a soft diet for about 2 weeks then stage 4 which is solid foods so about 8weeks after the op can start eating solids!!maybe the sleeve is a different diet after!x

I had my bypass on Thursday and have had a stitch (possibly trapped wind) every since most of the time to some degree or another. Other than that I actually feel great. I have been walking every day to get a bit of exercise and because every thing I read says that is the best way to deal with this stitch feeling. In a way I am almost grateful to that feeling or else I would probably over pushing myself as I don't feel in any other way like I have had anything done. :)

Thanks I'm at docs tomorrow and ask if they cud prescribe me sum, not as bad today as i was yday thou so happy days hopefully!x

Back