• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind killing me!!

Happy days, how far are u now post op and wot did u have? And how were things the first few weeks?x

Iam nearly 3 yrs post bypass. First few weeks were just taking it easy. Lost 14 stone in total and after first year started to relax and live life as a normal eater just not as much. Any questions just ask x

Yeah were u worried about eating to much, today I've cooked a ww beef hotpot and blended it and shared it putting 2 tablespoons into a pot,ate 1 ov the pots but 1 hour later I'm feeling totally bloated I only had half a jar of baby puréed mango and banannas for breakfast and that's it so does this mean I've ate to much today is probably the 1st time I've ate just had Tom soup yday about half cup?im on day 5 post op bypass I just hope I get the hang ov this!?

I'm unfortunate to get a lot of trapped wind and bloating even though I'm over 3 years post op from a bypass.
Its a right nusinance to live with and the doctor prescribes me buscopan which you can buy from a chemist too.
The only other way is walking to shift it out of your body x

Happy days and Emma Jane u both 3 year out now post op so how were things at the beginning were u worried incase u were trying to eat to much I've shared a ww meal today blended ov course and put 2tbsp in 3 pots had 1 for my dinner and about an hour later I felt so bloated surely that wasn't too much I just had half jar ov baby mango and banana purée for breakfast as its day 5 today and haven't really ate since I had op had half cup ov Tom soup yday that's it think I'm more frightened about over eating especially feeling bloated and windy to start with any advice on the 1st few weeks to gt myself going!x

Happy days and Emma Jane u both 3 year out now post op so how were things at the beginning were u worried incase u were trying to eat to much I've shared a ww meal today blended ov course and put 2tbsp in 3 pots had 1 for my dinner and about an hour later I felt so bloated surely that wasn't too much I just had half jar ov baby mango and banana purée for breakfast as its day 5 today and haven't really ate since I had op had half cup ov Tom soup yday that's it think I'm more frightened about over eating especially feeling bloated and windy to start with any advice on the 1st few weeks to gt myself going!x

Don't worry. You can't overeat this early you will be in agony if you did. Let your body tell you when your full. We are all different some take a couple of spoons some take more. Try not to look at what others intake. Always remember this is your journey no one else's xx

Don't worry. You can't overeat this early you will be in agony if you did. Let your body tell you when your full. We are all different some take a couple of spoons some take more. Try not to look at what others intake. Always remember this is your journey no one else's xx

Happy is right,try not to compare with anyone else,just go through the stages as you've been told by your hospital.
I could only manage a couple of spoons at the start.
Jelly was my best friend ...lol x

Back