• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind!

I can sympathise with you on this one.

Move as much as you can and drink peppermint tea.

It dosen't last very long, just seems like it.

I know what you mean if I hiccup or burp it is sooo painful!

i had it the night i got out ov hospital for 2 hours it was horrendous and i thought i was gonna have to go back in but it passed i know have a cup of peppermint tea a day x

Last edited:
Note to self buy plenty of peppermint tea :)xx

Infacol is the only thing that helped me. That and walking round the garden. Nothing else would shift it. Good news is it does get better

Hi
have you tried windeze and i got peppermint oil from holland and barrett you just put a few drops in some warm water and drink its not very nice but does help. I was banded 2 weeks and 3 days ago and feeling marvelous so just keep going ladies in a few days you will feel alot better.

sue
xxx

Gland to hear it. I just brought a load peppermint tea to prepare! Hope it continues to get better for you quickly :) x

I'm 2 days post op and in agony with this! Can't burp when I want to along with the horrendous pain of my hiatus hernia repair which was done at the same time as my band. I'm in agony if I'm honest, even breathing hurts :-(

Hi

I had a bypass,but regards to wind,it's painful as hell ..
The best thing is peppermint teabags/cordial.
And even though it hurts.. to move about,walking as it helps pass it through.

I'm nearly a year post op and over the last few days when I eat I get terrible tummy ache like trapped wind and it lasts pretty much till the next meal! :/ it hurts!!
I've had 2 fills, I'm 2.5 into a 5ml band and food still gets stuck!
I'm starting to panic things aren't right in there but my provider is in Prague and NHs won't see me ive tried!! My doc is trying to arrange it! Got vitamin deficiencies too!

Nightmare xx

Are you taking tiny bites, pausing between mouthfuls etc? Have you tried going back to liquids/mush etc for a week?

I have taken tiny bites and pause!
Not tried liquids etc, I always cave and eat solids! :/

Back