• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two Questions...

PurpleKylie22

1. Has anyone contacted the papers in the hopes of encouraging hospitals to approve surgery? Because I'm in Scotland, we don't apply for funding e.t.c we just either get accepted or don't and since my BMI is under 60, I wasn't. Contacting the local papers, point out out that this has the highest requirements for consideration in just about all of Scotland... Would that help? Or just make the hospital annoyed with me?

2. Is there anyway I can request to be referred to Glasgow? Its sort of manageable travel wise and they have a much better system for patients, and I would meet their requirements.

I would go to the papers but anon so it doesn't affect your chances with the hospital.

In the North East we can pick which hospital we get referred to so give it a try x

I would go to the papers but anon so it doesn't affect your chances with the hospital.

In the North East we can pick which hospital we get referred to so give it a try x

I have e-mailed NHS Scotland asking them if it is possible to be referred outside of NHS Grampian. Although I did notice that NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde seem to only do the Band and I really want the Bypass. Oh well I will see what I get back. I referenced their own document http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/35596/0012569.pdf which states NHS Scotland follows NICE guidelines (which I meet!)

Good luck hun x

not sure about going to Glasgow but id be very careful going to the papers, you will be leaving yourself and general discussion open for people to slag of wls. Most people that dont understand think its a total waste of tax payers money. Good luck with whatever you decide :) xxx

not sure about going to Glasgow but id be very careful going to the papers, you will be leaving yourself and general discussion open for people to slag of wls. Most people that dont understand think its a total waste of tax payers money. Good luck with whatever you decide :) xxx

That's one of my concerns about the whole papers idea, instead of pointing out how lacking the area is, it would turn into a "why are we paying for this" type thing... Never mind that drug addict, alcoholics, smokers, Anorexic's, Bulimic's all get the help they need at the tax payers expense.

Back