• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ugh - time of the month....

I haven't had regular periods for sometime - put it down to my age and being menopausal - and yesterday it started and tomorrow I go in for my bypass.....GRRRRRR.

Does any one know - will they still operate or should I call and warn them? I don't want to get there and be turned away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can still operate, not a problem. Good luck for tom x x

Iv been bleeding for nearly 11 months now since about last October time I got worried last December so went for a smear test came back clear and iv been to my doctors numerous times and they don't seem to acknowledge it and there not worried so I'm just having to put up with it and some days it just really gets me down! It's really heavy bleeding aswell (TMI) clots the lot! I problely get 2 half a days a week where I don't bleed and that's it :(

Omg wow, well done you for coping with it so well....I would have big time lost the plot! Could u not go on the pill or implant? You must spend a fortune on sanitary products! x

Iv been bleeding for nearly 11 months now since about last October time I got worried last December so went for a smear test came back clear and iv been to my doctors numerous times and they don't seem to acknowledge it and there not worried so I'm just having to put up with it and some days it just really gets me down! It's really heavy bleeding aswell (TMI) clots the lot! I problely get 2 half a days a week where I don't bleed and that's it :(

Bloody hell - excuse the pun! That is horrific. It's great that they are not worried, good for them, but you have to live with it in the meantime! I wish they would be a bit more helpful to you. Should they not be referring to gynae if they can't come to a conclusion or are avoiding coming to a conclusion? Just seems wrong for them to ignore it.

Maybe i'm reacting a bit over the top right now as I am fed up just after 3 weeks. Hope things settle themselves, but if not, ask for another opinion. x

kirstyjade ask your gp about transexamic acid, mefenamic acid or primulut N. my longest bleed was 14 months and my doctors blew me off. a registrar took pity on me and gave me meds and blood tests and i had become very anemic. this time round theyve medicated me again and theyve scanned me but put it down mainly to my thyroid disease

Back