• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Updated with report of the day. 2nd appointment at Charing Cross tomorrow...

The thing is, if you are not feeling well you best phone them as soon as possible and let them know if you don't think you can make it, so that they can give your slot to someone else.

I am sure like anywhere else getting an appointment is like gold dust.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Love Mini xxx

Poor thing...it is bad enough going to hospital appointments when feeling in good form but it is hard going when you are not feeling well.

Be sure to bring something to drink with you and wrap up well.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Good luck tomorrow, hope all goes ok, it's normal to have little wobbles along the way, I had a massive wobble on appt 1.

Bunnyx

let us all no how you get on i will be interested in the routine of the day
good luck

Thanks guys. :hug99:

Today didnt go very to plan! We left at 5.30 am to make sure we got there for 8.30, however the last 2 miles took over an hour! Luckily I phoned ahead and they said it was ok just to get there when we could.

First I was weighed and had my BP taken. I then saw the Dr (I didnt see Dr Le Roux but it was someone that does the samething he does). He went through my history and the form I filled in and through my blood test results. Sadly Im already iron and B12 deficient so will have to start taking meds for those now rather than after surgery. He wants me to take a cholestorol med as well. There seems to be an anomaly with my ECG as well so I might have to see the cardiologist. I also will be having a sleep study.

After seeing him I saw the pshyciatrist. She was really nice. Just went over history again and about my depression and about things like binge eating and how I would replace food after the sugery. I told her I had already taken up some hobbies to try and use those to take the place. She said that was a good idea. Just basic things like that really, seeing if I was prepared etc.

After that I had to go and have another blood test.

In about 6 weeks time I will get more appointments this time to see the surgeon and the dietician. In the mean time they discuss my case as see if they agree about everything.

Im a bit worried about the heart issues really :cry:. Everything else was pretty straight forward.

Last edited:
Hi zns, glad all went well for your 2nd appointment. Don't worry about being a bit late, they always seem to run late anyway.

If you don't have chest pain or palpatations I wouldn't worry too much about the heart tests. They may be an echo, which is an ultrasound scan, stress ecg which is an ecg while on a treadmill. If they show something you may need to have an angiogram, but that is extremely unlikely.

I have not had a chat with Dr le Roux, I was at CX yesterday and heard he was in Bahrain.

I'm glad you had a good interview with the trick-cyclist, she had me in tears. :cry: But then I am a real softie :D

Hi zns, glad all went well for your 2nd appointment. Don't worry about being a bit late, they always seem to run late anyway.

If you don't have chest pain or palpatations I wouldn't worry too much about the heart tests. They may be an echo, which is an ultrasound scan, stress ecg which is an ecg while on a treadmill. If they show something you may need to have an angiogram, but that is extremely unlikely.

I have not had a chat with Dr le Roux, I was at CX yesterday and heard he was in Bahrain.

I'm glad you had a good interview with the trick-cyclist, she had me in tears. :cry: But then I am a real softie :D

No I dont have any pain or anything, just abnormal results on the ECG and a fastish heart beat. Thanks those tests dont sound too bad.

Le Roux was there they just had another Dr as well.

Bless you being in tears :hug99:, I was really worried but it was quite straight forward. Maybe I was better prepared than I realised?

Not long til your op now! Fingers crossed for everything!

Hi zns, glad it went fairly well today. Sorry about the heart anomly but there have been members here who have had something found with the heart when they've hhad their pr op assessment and they still got their ops so don't worry too much. Hugs xxx

Thanks guys. :hug99:

Today didnt go very to plan! We left at 5.30 am to make sure we got there for 8.30, however the last 2 miles took over an hour! Luckily I phoned ahead and they said it was ok just to get there when we could.

First I was weighed and had my BP taken. I then saw the Dr (I didnt see Dr Le Roux but it was someone that does the samething he does). He went through my history and the form I filled in and through my blood test results. Sadly Im already iron and B12 deficient so will have to start taking meds for those now rather than after surgery. He wants me to take a cholestorol med as well. There seems to be an anomaly with my ECG as well so I might have to see the cardiologist. I also will be having a sleep study.

After seeing him I saw the pshyciatrist. She was really nice. Just went over history again and about my depression and about things like binge eating and how I would replace food after the sugery. I told her I had already taken up some hobbies to try and use those to take the place. She said that was a good idea. Just basic things like that really, seeing if I was prepared etc.

After that I had to go and have another blood test.

In about 6 weeks time I will get more appointments this time to see the surgeon and the dietician. In the mean time they discuss my case as see if they agree about everything.

Im a bit worried about the heart issues really :cry:. Everything else was pretty straight forward.

Hi, it seems that we are around the same place in our journey. I had my second appointment at Charing Cross two weeks ago and it went well. Now they discuss me and decide what to do with me. Do you know when you are likely to hear from them and the timescale from now on?

Hi zns

I am glad you made it to your cx appointment.

My second appointment was with Dr.Le roux but I seen Dr. Toomey on the day, he was very nice and made me feel very confident. My appointment ran the same as yours.

I know it is easy for me to say but please try not to worry yourself too much about the heart rate problem as it may have been down to the fact that you were stressed at the time and feeling unwell. The main thing is that CX are looking after your health and have your best interests at heart. I had a heart investigations and scan at Harefield hospital long before I was referred to CX. My results were all clear.

My friend is another CX patient and he had his sleep test at CX last week. He had to sleep there to do the test. I had my sleep test before I was referred to CX at a hospital nearer my home. You might have this option if an over night at CX is a problem. Thankfully I didn't have sleep apnea.

You are well on your way! keep smiling.

Last edited:
Hi Zns
I had to be at the hospital at 9.30 on the 30th June , the nures asked me what my weight was and give me a jab with the dye . Then she told me to go to the cafe for a cuppa and something to eat and come back in about a half an hour . She took me into a room with the big imaging machine told me to take off my shoes and lay down on the machine and keep still . The was like a big box started on my right side and moved very slow across my body to my left side it took about a 3/4 of an hour to get from one side to the other . Then she told me to go home . Then on the 8th of July I was told to be there for 9 am they took me to the treadmill room and asked me some things . Then the Doctor came in and give me a jab and in about a min I could feel my heart rate going faster because I was laying down I got a bit spooked and started crying and asked could I sit up . She said yes and I got up and I was fine then . She asked me if I wanted to go on the treadmill or walk up and down the room I picked the room it was only a small room and I walked up and down a few times I was wired to the machine all the time for the reading to be done . When all that was over I had to go down to get the same thing done as the week before and then was sent home . Till I got the results from my Doctor . I can honestly say if you have to get the same test hun you`ll be fine and it didn`t hurt a bit . I hope you get sorted very soon hun . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Hi zns,
It's good to know CX will ensure you are in the peak of health before they operate, I'm sure it's a worry for you, hope all goes well and it's not too long before you hear from them.
Bunny x

Back