• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Urgent help needed

amy_m

Ok so I haven't posted for what seems like a lifetime when infact it's been about 5 days I've been so depressed first got promised an op date so I told work then op date got unpromised and I lost my job

Well I have rang hospital have op date for 9 th dec ....... So excited need to do 10 day liver shrinking diet which is fine I'll do a lifetime if I had too.

So enoughwith the yapping I need ur help on the pre op assessment how long before op is it........ Please help xxxx

Everyone else at our hospital have it 2 weeks before the date of the op, mine is 4 days before!!!! Tell everyone which hospital and they may be able to help.
Sorry about losing your job and well done for getting an op date. :)

I did my LRD for four weeks :eek: But I think I was the exception rather than the rule - usually it's around 2 weeks or so...

SRH: I had pre-op on the Weds and op on the Sunday xxx

Hi thanks for replies I am at Sunderland.

I had all my pre op done the first time i saw the surgeon !! will be about 16-18 weeks before the op !!!!!!!!

Mine was 2 weeks before my op ... chin up sugar, the pre assessment is a doddle ... nothing you have not done loads of times before, bloods, blood pressure, exam. Nearly there sweetie, xxx :):):)

12 days for me srh

Dawn,

Bournemouth do the pre-op when you see the surgeon and then do it all again two weeks before your op, only this time you see the aneasthetist too and they did not repeat the blood tests.

Moira

Hi Amy, I got my letter today for pre assessment on Thursday 17th with op on wed 23rd, and that's at Sunderland. a week give or take seems to be about the norm. xxx

Thanks all

Hi Amy, I got my letter today for pre assessment on Thursday 17th with op on wed 23rd, and that's at Sunderland. a week give or take seems to be about the norm. xxx

Lynne thanks for your lovely message the same goes for u any support u need or even if u just want to have a little moan then get in touch I'll send my number in private message (I can't seem to get access to private messages at the min hence public post lol)

I really can't wait

X

just wanted to say congratulations amy, not long at all now! i have op on 24th but no date yet for pre op, but i've started milk diet already just to be on the safe side! x

I had my pre assessment last Wednesday (2nd) and my op is scheduled for 15th November at SRH x

Hi Amy
I had my pre op on 23/09/11 and op on 04/10/11 at SRH. The assessment is just the normal BP, bloods, weight, MSRA swabs. Nothing to worry about. Denise did my pre assessment and she was great answered loads of questions for me.
Not long now, will keep a space on the bench for you.
GOOD LUCK :) :)

Thanks Purple, i was worried it was way to long before the op!

Shona, with Bournemouth you will have your final pre-op about 2wks before & will be given diet sheet etc then by dietitian it's mainly her you will see, (although due to op type cock up I had mine a month before). I saw the anaesthetist, the dietitian & Lyndsay (although her in passing), bloods about 10 vials to have all the various levels pre-op so at your 3mth post-op check they compare & decide if you need any extra supplements.

i got a letter first to tell me to start pre op diet and attend pre op appointment at hopital 2 weeks later and operated on week later. Sorry to hear about job but at least you can focus on weight loss and recovery, believe me that will take most of your energy.

Ok so I haven't posted for what seems like a lifetime when infact it's been about 5 days I've been so depressed first got promised an op date so I told work then op date got unpromised and I lost my job

Well I have rang hospital have op date for 9 th dec ....... So excited need to do 10 day liver shrinking diet which is fine I'll do a lifetime if I had too.

So enoughwith the yapping I need ur help on the pre op assessment how long before op is it........ Please help xxxx
Hi, i have just got my op date 6th december at sunderland not sure if i can do it dont want to be put to the bk of the list :( hope all goes well for you and might see you in there then lol

Back